• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Any Recommendations for remote graphic design

tcorn1965

We have a graphic design employee that has moved out of state. We would like to retain him for sub-contract work. I can set up ultra VNC, but with some of our EPS files reaching 1 gig or better...the lag is too much.
Does anyone know of any paid remote control software that they have used and recommend? Something that would not lag as much

Thanks in advance!
Terry

Moze

Precision Sign Services
Agreed with Rick...yousendit gives good capacity. Box.net is also nice for what you're looking to do.

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
I freelance with a few shops, some are even competitors with each other. At some point, they are going to have to trust me, and they are all getting the same effort and information so it all equals out.

I also see no reason to remote. If you are doing it to have total control of your files, hire a local designer, have the designer sign a strict contract, and/or get over it and trust your designer.

If it's because the designer does not have the latest and greatest software, fonts and artwork. Then that is something you might work out as part of compensation so they are legit until the designer has accumulated enough to have what you have.

TheSnowman

Whenever I have work that my freelance designers need to incorporate, I just send them a file. Keeps it simple.

allamericantrade

My wife works via remote desktop and the outdated computer is slow until she logs in then its like a new machine. she has been doing it for about 8 years now. If you trust your designer give him a copy of your files (he most likely has it already with out you knowing) and have him sign a non compete. from there you can send files back and forth.

tcorn1965

I freelance with a few shops, some are even competitors with each other. At some point, they are going to have to trust me, and they are all getting the same effort and information so it all equals out.

I also see no reason to remote. If you are doing it to have total control of your files, hire a local designer, have the designer sign a strict contract, and/or get over it and trust your designer.

If it's because the designer does not have the latest and greatest software, fonts and artwork. Then that is something you might work out as part of compensation so they are legit until the designer has accumulated enough to have what you have.

We have 9 designers in house...We trust this gentleman 110%, and would like to keep him working.

So are you thinking it may be easier to just send him the files have him work on them and then have him send back?

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
We have 9 designers in house...We trust this gentleman 110%, and would like to keep him working.

So are you thinking it may be easier to just send him the files have him work on them and then have him send back?

Yes, remote is not quite up to speed yet.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Try it both ways and see what works. I've been using GoToMyPC for a few weeks now on a free trial and it works with very little lag. It sells for $99 a year.