• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Any tips or tricks to get an Oce' Arizona to print a nice rich orange color?

PatWhatley

I have tried everything I can think of and I can't get a rich orange color. I can print anything else beautifully but the brightest orange I can get is still a faded, dull color. I'm designing in Illustrator and printing through Onyx.

AlsEU

New ICC profile, created by someone who knows, how to do it properly. Of course not each orange can be printed - it depends on the ink and printer gamut. But first thing is to verify that you have profile created for your specific substrate.

ColorCrest

All around shop helper.
I have tried everything I can think of and I can't get a rich orange color. I can print anything else beautifully but the brightest orange I can get is still a faded, dull color. I'm designing in Illustrator and printing through Onyx.
Print the Onyx quality evaluation file(s) with "All ICC Profiles Off" and then again with the profiles turned ON. When the ICC profiles are off, the print should show the brightest color gamut available from the ink so far as the printer is currently setup in the way of ink restrictions and calibration along with any media capability. It also excludes your workflow because it's using known files from Onyx.

Maybe report back with what you notice.