• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Suggestions Anybody have a current 3M 180MC Sign Vinyl Chart on Hand?

BluetailGFX

Journeyman
I am trying to get as close as possible to PMS 294 in an air egress 3M exterior vinyl for a large logo on an interior wall out at Cape Kennedy.
We do not seem to have any 3M color charts in house, was hoping somebody could give an educated opinion if they have the 180MC chart and a PMS chart to look at..... was thinking maybe Indigo would work.....

Hoping to get 3M 180 MC because the Painting Contractors will be installing, not myself, so Id like to make it a little easier. And also, as per the course, all engineering drawings are specifically calling for that mystical super 3M vinyl that comes in every color known to man and lasts forever without any issues ever on any surface or environmental condition....LOL..... I think this 3M vinyl must have been some part of a chapter back in school in the 80's that every engineer just keeps calling for in every drawing they do for the rest of their careers.

karst41

Dark Blue 397

Point being is 294 is a muddy mix with yellow mucking it up.

294 is right between Sapphire and Dark Blue
I use 286 as the base for Sapphire Blue 100/85/0/5 to fortify and temper the color,
and no color Correction.

Dark Blue 397 ia a 180 MC Color as is Sapphire Blue

You will also need to call your supplier for Availability. In turn they will call FDC
and FDC will drop ship. IF they have in stock.