• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Anybody used OMTech lasers?

ADVANCED DISPLAY

ADVANCED DISPLAY
So, currently I have a SUPER old Epiloge laser, 32"x20" table, 50 watt I believe. This thing's so old, there aren't any drivers availible that run on operating systems newer than Windows XP.

It's only a matter of time before something breaks for good and I'm looking around at options. Anybody ever used these OMTech machines you can find on amazon? I know you get what you pay for, but fore the limited things we use it for, it seems downright reasonable. Plus the modern options like oh, I don't know: BEING ABLE TO CONNECT IT TO A MACHINE THAT'S NOT A SECURITY RISK ON MY NETWORK! Seems worth it.

Just wondered if any of you had any experience with them and if so how you like them.

CanuckSigns

I've heard good things, I would reccomend checking out the "laser everything" community as well as sawmill creek there is lots of info there about the imported laser machines.

GC Decor

Super Printer
Its a china rebranded machine - We had several that looked the same with the same specs(15 total). As you said you get what you pay for, If you can stomach the price check out a new Epiloge, Trotec or kern if you want a professional machine.
The rebranded machines are fine for the price but the companies above offer a higher value for dollar spent & you can get actual service on the machine.
In general China Laser tubes last 2-3 years before needing to be replaced. Our main issue on why we sold off ours & switched was parts and service. Had multiple machine down because of supply issues with china. We had three double headed machines that all had the tubes go around the same time. Took 6 months to get a replacement, first set they sent though UPS (Glass tubes in a Cardboard Box Great Idea). We finally just bite the bullet & air freighted replacements in direct from China - Lots of wasted money and time, so we sold all 15 machines last year. We did run them 3 shifts a day for 1 years - so they paid for themselves well over.

ADVANCED DISPLAY

ADVANCED DISPLAY
Ok, so let me ask: anybody had a newer boss unit in the last few years? I know they gave a bit of a similar reputation but it looks like they’ve upped their game, but I could be drinking the koolade.

Bill DiStasio

So, currently I have a SUPER old Epiloge laser, 32"x20" table, 50 watt I believe. This thing's so old, there aren't any drivers availible that run on operating systems newer than Windows XP.

It's only a matter of time before something breaks for good and I'm looking around at options. Anybody ever used these OMTech machines you can find on amazon? I know you get what you pay for, but fore the limited things we use it for, it seems downright reasonable. Plus the modern options like oh, I don't know: BEING ABLE TO CONNECT IT TO A MACHINE THAT'S NOT A SECURITY RISK ON MY NETWORK! Seems worth it.

Just wondered if any of you had any experience with them and if so how you like them.
I have a 150watt laser from them. I dont kbow how their support is but I havent needed one. Easy to upgrade. Ive added a filtration system and and an air compressor for the nozzle. Right now I'm in the process of replacing all the mirrors and and lenses. It's very easy to work on with a lot of extra room and it has a piece of drop down so I can laser bigger things. It's not the prettiest but it would hold its own around the others that are out there. I'm very pleased with the whole thing I mean they haven't stuck in there that's teaches and knows his stuff. I think you'll be very happy with it especially for what you're saying since you don't need one that runs all the time period. For the money you can't go wrong but you can get parts from all over the place for upgrades.

T Nichols

I have an 80-watt OMTech (6 months). Ordered and came quick. Was relatively calibrated and took minor tweaking to get accurate. Have added upgraded air and vent and chiller. So far, no real issues. Have a friend with same model, 5 years old and heavily used with very few problems also. Most of the issues I see with people are just not following the set-up correctly, and difficulty in aligning mirrors. The wiring is a bit on the low-end side. You'll see all terminals have been hot-glued. Order from OMTech US directly and get a year's warranty/support. Not so with the Ebay and Amazon machines.

unmateria

Like all chinese machines... Cheap, easy to mantain... But totally unsecure. (I have 2 150 and 180w) and i have have other 130 years ago.

I like them, but they have several important things...

Water cooling is chinese, so forget that steel inox you are used in this things. Sometimes their fuses and ultra low quality capacitors blow... Nothing serious... Because it stop the machine lol

Air Compressors are pure shit. Put it on a fish tank... Its it only use if you dont like your fishes...
Buy something that can blow at least 4 bars constantly if you want to cut paper or wood without problems... Or 1-2 bars for acrylic. They dont hit even 1 bar...

Power sources are ok, and ruida controllers for me are the best in China (forget about support, they will never reply you)... So you can use very good software (i even puted a camera for cutting with opos marks) ... Rdworks and rdc mark vision are very good... But translation and interface is like all chinese software... Chaotic. Ask me if you buy it... It tooks me months discovering both programs and there is nothing on internet... (For advanced things i mean)

Air filters... Chinese air filters. Directly to the paper bin. They wont get a drop of water from a swimming pool...

About security... Well... It has happened us many things... The most important is that they dont have air sensor... And if u cut without air... Well... Fire, lenses cracks, mirror cracks... I had to made an esp32 air sensor for this

In resume... If you are a tech person, buy it, you wont regret. If you are a normal user person,... Its going to cost you more than those 4000(if u buy the china one) or 8k if you buy there.

Ah! About the other things... Work very well... Belts, motors, drivers, tubes, linear guides, lenses, mirrors and carriages... They are using good manufacturers there (for my surprise). Everthing last much more than expected (even the tubes if you adjust them correctly and dont bypass their ma rate)

johnnysigns

I bought a Thunder laser earlier in the year and have been happy with it. I ran a Boss laser for several years before that and moved to the Thunder platform.