• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Anybody using Corel 11?

M

Mike Sr.

Hi all - I've been using Corel 7 for several years, and recently got a new program, Corel 11. So far I can't say I like the version 11 - it seems slow and a little confusing. Nothing specific, maybe it's just me (slow and confused?) - Seems like the version 7 was better to me.

Does anyone else have the version 11, and how do you like it?

Thanks - Mike Sr.:)

absolutegd

Speeding up Corel

I got an email with some tips on speeding up Corel 11. Go to Tools: Options: then click General under the Workspace menu expansion. Then deselect "Enable RealTime Preview". Also try to lower your "regular undo levels". I just tried these tonight so I haven't had a lot of time to evaluate this.

M

Mike Sr.

Thanks, Absolute - I tried your suggestion and it worked great. Now my version 11 is working as fast as my version 7 - I really do appreciate your help!!

Mike Sr.:)

absolutegd

You are welcome. I also have some tips for speeding up win xp if you are interested.

I am having a problem with corel 11 and was wondering if anyone else is having the same problem? Now that I have installed corel 11 none of my corel files show up with the preview icon. Before when I opened the folders that I have all my files saved in it would show what the file looked like. Now all it has is the windows default icon next to it.

Just curious,
Bill

ChiknNutz

Considering an upgrade

I currently have CorelDraw Suite 9 and am considering upgrading to v11. Is it worth it to upgrade? What are some of the "big-hitter" enhancements? Anything that a vinyl-layer is gonna notice or care about? Thanks!

absolutegd

I have never used Corel 9, but 11 is a big improvement over 10. I was told at a sign show to never buy an even numbered version of Corel Draw. These versions are when they try new features and they are working out the bugs.

Niun

Waffle Baron
I have more problems with crashing with version 11 than any software I own to date. After many many phone calls, its working better, but still not as well as i would like. I had version 10 for about an hour and uninstalled it. Version 8 has been the most stable I have used and has never failed me in getting the job done. The only reason I keep or use version 11 is that the Mimaki FineCut Pro shortcut does not work with version 8.