• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Anyone actually Purchase Ricoh Gen 4 heads from an Alt Vender and have a good experience ?

Tipgypsy

I Use Older Cartridge machines UJF-3042 s and 6042's and do all our maint - Have used mostly Authorized dealer parts and found it money well spent . Ive seen parts dealers advertise compatible Ricoh heads for 1/3rd the cost of a Mimaki Replacement. Have made small purchases with 1 or 2 vendors( Not heads) had mixed results - never been brave enough to drop several thousand on a set of heads or even a single . The online reviews are choc full of horror story's of people ordering heads and getting nothing or a bad head . So to be fair here Is there anyone who within the last year has bought the Ricoh Gen 4 heads and had a good result and received the order in a reasonable time .
Cheers

TD Digital

I purchase heads from a company local to me here in Texas. They source directly from Ricoh and although they are not the cheapest I have found I have been purchasing heads for years with no issues.

Michael-Nola

I print things. It is very exciting.
In my experience there seems to be a very popular market for fake printer supply websites all based out of Indonesia. Don't ask me why. But I can assure you without a doubt, do NOT buy any heads or printer supplies from any website listing their location in Indonesia - they are all a scam. I have never found a good source for "discount" heads unfortunately. The only reliable way to buy them is from the manufacturer or a major distributor.

hand851

Roland Mutoh & Mimaki inks digiprint-parts.com
I sell the Ricoh Gen 4 print heads. Installed 9 this year no Issues.

Tipgypsy

In my experience there seems to be a very popular market for fake printer supply websites all based out of Indonesia. Don't ask me why. But I can assure you without a doubt, do NOT buy any heads or printer supplies from any website listing their location in Indonesia - they are all a scam. I have never found a good source for "discount" heads unfortunately. The only reliable way to buy them is from the manufacturer or a major distributor.
Pretty good bet there - Ive seen the same ads - I was thinking more of the U.S. Based companies - There are several that advertise out of the US The websites are top notch and professional but independent customer reviews are a big red flag especially on print head purchases . Usually if customers are happy and get what they expected they will give a good review . I was looking for that here about aftermarket US vendors .

Jerry - IDS

I Use Older Cartridge machines UJF-3042 s and 6042's and do all our maint - Have used mostly Authorized dealer parts and found it money well spent . Ive seen parts dealers advertise compatible Ricoh heads for 1/3rd the cost of a Mimaki Replacement. Have made small purchases with 1 or 2 vendors( Not heads) had mixed results - never been brave enough to drop several thousand on a set of heads or even a single . The online reviews are choc full of horror story's of people ordering heads and getting nothing or a bad head . So to be fair here Is there anyone who within the last year has bought the Ricoh Gen 4 heads and had a good result and received the order in a reasonable time .
Cheers
Hey if this is Ed I can vouch for the quality of TD Digital's printheads. I have used them several times in a pinch for in house Mimaki repairs. Feel free to message me or email me with any questions. For sub $900 factory new Gen 4's it is a hard deal to pass up.

Jerry - IDS

I purchase heads from a company local to me here in Texas. They source directly from Ricoh and although they are not the cheapest I have found I have been purchasing heads for years with no issues.

Hey Jay or Dee I am going to be contacting you for some Gen 5's I have a personal project I need to get going :)

Tipgypsy

Hey if this is Ed I can vouch for the quality of TD Digital's printheads. I have used them several times in a pinch for in house Mimaki repairs. Feel free to message me or email me with any questions. For sub $900 factory new Gen 4's it is a hard deal to pass up.
Well There you go - Cant get a better recommendation that that - Thanks Jerry -You and IDS have always taken great care of us .

Tipgypsy

You need to get a merchant membership to sell on Signs101. Very sneaky post.

Your right - I think this is more from me being excited about not getting skinned on print heads . Theres really no way to check anyone out except by recommendation . In all fairness This is on me because I asked the question .

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Maybe I judged too soon. I saw the "pleasure doing business with you" comment and thought someone was being sneaky. If not, I apologize.