• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Anyone else having problems with HP PVC Free Prepasted Wallpaper?

prosigner

We're having significant problems with HP prepasted lining up the design/image with it lately. We print and cut 25" panels and when lining up over the last 3 months and with design with lots of diagonal lines they aren't lining up great.

Upon review, it looks like the length changes quite significantly from side to side. Lowered the heat as much as possible and increased the passes. Still too much and getting complaints. Anyone else dealing with this?

Has anyone tried any different prepasted wallcoverings? I'm thinking of trying out the Neenah enviroscape.

Steenland

Old Member
What printer? Does it happen with any other media, or just the wallpaper?

We're having this problem with a 60" Designjet Z6100. Cleaning the OMAS and performing Media Advance calibrations no longer help. The machine is over nine years old, so I'm thinking that the pinch feed roller may be polished or damaged and is no longer gripping the media properly.

prosigner

What printer? Does it happen with any other media, or just the wallpaper?

We're having this problem with a 60" Designjet Z6100. Cleaning the OMAS and performing Media Advance calibrations no longer help. The machine is over nine years old, so I'm thinking that the pinch feed roller may be polished or damaged and is no longer gripping the media properly.

Brand new HP 570. It happens a bit to vinyl but mostly the HP PVC free. We've tried everything. I think the quality of the product has dropped off. I know it's made in china.

prosigner

UPDATE:
I'm trying out Neenah Enviroscape and Magic Sleek prepasted products to compare against the HP PVC free prepasted.

CanuckSigns

I thought the latex printers have always had issues with printed lengths being very inconsistent. Isn't there some tension bar or something the HP came up with to help with this?

• Agree
Reactions: Bly

prosigner

WOW the Magic Sleek worked! For the first time in years, our trickiest design is lining up perfectly. Gonna keep testing a couple more rolls but this thing may be my saving grace. We've been using HP PVC free prepasted for years. The magic sleek is almost 30-40% less too and feels the same. I hope this thread helps some other company.