• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Anyone experience printer just hanging up?

DoubleDown

Weird one I have never seen before in my life. Sent file to printer...printer shows file coming through...starts to print file and then just sits there forever and doesn't do anything...no errors just like it's waiting for something. Media isn't moving forward, nothing is happening. Even when it was printing it would print a few passes and the go back to home, etc.

Anyone ever experience this?

Letterbox Mike

Both our JV3 and our JV33 do this every once in a rare while. On the JV3, I've found if we put it into local for a few minutes and then back into remote it seems to fix it most of the time and it continues to print. For the JV33 the only remedy I've seen is to just turn off the printer and turn it back on again. No clue why it happens.

Typestries

are you running postershop by any chance? 1. Check your free disk space if you have less than 1gb dump some old stuff 2. Clear some old jobs out of the work folder. Seems to be the fixes for us.

-Rick

DoubleDown

I think we found out what it was...we were trying to rip a file at 1440 dpi for 180c and the printer just wasn't liking that file at all. Changed it to a 720 and no issues. Weird.

OldPaint

also check you power settings in OS, and make sure the HARD DRIVES and monitor and screen saver arent shuting off.