• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Anyone Got Old Hiking/Camping Gear taking up space??

Locals Find!

My Cub Scout Pack has some kids that can't afford the necessary Hiking/Camping Gear for the upcoming season. Could be anything, packs, stoves, pots, pans, you name it. Every bit helps.

Also, looking for any Old Uniforms, Badges, etc... for the Troop. The boys love the nostalgic stuff. Let's them realize they are a part of something much bigger than just themselves.

If anyone has some old stuff laying around they would like to donate or sell cheaply to get it out of your way. Let me know.

Locals Find!

Only posted this cause so many of the members here live in some of the Greatest Hiking Country in North America. I figured someone here was taking advantage of that beauty at some point or had been a Scout themselves and might be able to lend a hand.

jayhawksigns

Scouts can't use any type of alcohol fuel for stoves or fires.

I'm still actively using my gear or else I would try to help you. Nice to hear you taking the Cubbies out to camp, some of the Packs around here don't do any of that.

Locals Find!

Scouts can't use any type of alcohol fuel for stoves or fires.

I'm still actively using my gear or else I would try to help you. Nice to hear you taking the Cubbies out to camp, some of the Packs around here don't do any of that.

That is crazy. That is one of the main joys of growing up as a scout. Getting out into the real world an leaving the chaos behind.

They can't use liquid fuels. I trained the kids how to use sterno to start camp fires quickly. Sterno has so many uses. I love to carry a small can around with me in my emergency gear.

I got some foiled thermal insulation in a gift box (wrapped around the contents) that was sent to me and have used it to make a field oven for baking biscuits. Not as good as other methods but uses less fuel than my isobutane stove. Also found it works great to lay between your pad and bag to reflect some of the body heat back up into you and cut heat loss from the air in the pad.