• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Anyone have a replacement source for the InstantOne Vinyl?

lodcomm

Greetings folks,

Does anyone have a decent recommendation on a replacement supplier for the air release print vinyl I used to get from the great folks at InstantOne media?

too bad they shut their doors.

thanks!

-t

FatCat

It's been years since we've used it - I thought they were the only supplier. We did several box trucks and simple wraps with that material, being cast it was definitely an attractive price point, but I always found the material kind of brittle and harder to work with than the big 3. You can always look at Grimco's Briteline wrap kits. I think they're about $150 less than a comparable kit of Avery...but I don't know of any other cast wrap film close to what they were charging at InstanOne Media.

lodcomm

I think the material I was using from them was like 5 mil Calendared vinyl. I was just using it from general sign printing. I think I was paying somewhere like $150.00 for a 54" 30yd roll?

CanuckSigns

I think the material I was using from them was like 5 mil Calendared vinyl. I was just using it from general sign printing. I think I was paying somewhere like $150.00 for a 54" 30yd roll?

We've had great luck with the General Formulations 220 which is a 6 mil semi-rigid film, prints great and is nice and thick for easy installs

FatCat

My bad, I thought you were referring to their wrap film

Yes, General Formulations or Oracal 3641 are both economy style vinyls that should be somewhat competitive with the Media One stuff...

akuarela

I have had some great success with Substance Incorporated, maybe a little more, @$199.95 both the PM 2755 & laminate PL 3150. I was using 3M IJ35C, but was not too happy when the color of one 54" roll and one of 60" were totally different! I can also recommend BritelineUV from Grimco laminate.