• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Anyone have any idea what this is? Ink silhouette on window

soloinstaller

Premium Subscriber
Hey guys im a newbie to the sign shop world and also to this forum. Awesome forum and so helpful for me.

There is a restaurant that is close to my home and they had recently put up what seemed to be a digitally printed static cling? Not too sure... But for the past few days i've seen that it was taken down and there is what looks to be an ink silhouette of the sign stuck on the window. I couldnt find any search results on this forum and I was interested in knowing what this is. Unlaminated print? Weather is dipping down into -40c over here if that counts for anything

Johnny Best

JBurton is quick in the morning, the OP says it is -40c where he is and JBurton tells him to make a "icebreaker into a decent cold call". Razorback humor early in the day, makes me want some grits for breakfast.

Scotchbrite

No comment
6 or 7 years ago, we put a small green company logo at the top of the windshield on one of our pickups. It was 3M apple green vinyl. Over the years it eventually baked off but you can still see where it was and there is the slightest hint of a green tint to it.

So I'm thinking the sun baked the ink onto the glass like JBurton mentioned.