• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Anyone have Canon 8300s and need parts?

BigNate

Hello, I run the printshop for a school district in Ca. We have a Canon 8300s that needs a new carriage. We have since replaced it with an HP 700w.

Does anyone else use or have an 8300s? we have lots of ink, extra spindles, and the machine has lots of good parts still (we are told Canon no longer supports this device)

If anyone is interested I can post, or point them toward the government surplus auction when the printer auction posts (likely next week)... The device has more than paid for itself, we are not looking for gold, but we would like to see the useful parts recycled rather than going to a landfill.... and the inks are good (we never bought the small bottles, just the 700ml ones).... (unfortunately, I cannot sell surplus items directly, they must go through our local govt. auction site.) (this would not be a good first printer - it does not print and will not print without a new carriage - according to the Canon Tech. it does have new ribbon cables and all ink plumbing was replaced just before the lockdown.)