• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Anyone have older firmware files?

Alpha Star

I'm trying to verify that a problem developed when I last updated the firmware. I was getting perfect white coverage, and now even when Onyx shows 100 percent spot, I am getting a pattern. It doesn't matter if I choose a mode with 160 percent white, either. Doesn't matter if I choose underflood, overflood, or spot. Older prints are perfect, and so are the current test prints. The heads are new and have no drop outs.

I was using firmware PLS_31_22_14.6, and then upgraded all the way to PLS_50_23_39.1, and that's when it started happening. I would love to try rolling back, but since the machine came with that previous version, I never actually had the files.

JBurton

Signtologist
I don't have it, but it might help to spec your printer model, presumably a 700w, 800w, or R series?

Alpha Star

Have you tried with a generic?
No, good idea. I will poke around some generic profiles in the morning.

It's for a 700W, btw (Thanks JBurton!)

HP also got back to my tech, and said it might not be the firmware version, but possibly just a corrupt upoad. Apparently, it's best to extract onto a USB and update that way.

Alpha Star

Have you tried with a generic?
Okay, I reinstalled the firmware like HP said, and no luck. Then I tried a generIc like you said, and that DID work (Thanks!)

How did you know? Do custom presets just become corrupt sometimes? There’s no difference in the settings between my custom and the generic.

balstestrat

Problem Solver
You jumped a few versions and they changed bunch of stuff... Just easy to test with generic.
There is even a profile update tool in service menu but I don't remember why and what it did.

netsol

If you find you NEED a particular, older firmware, you can try googling " the wayback machne" (a reference to Sherman and Peabody, in a 1960's cartoon series. Funded by the ford foundation, it basically archives much of the internet. You can use it to bring up ANYONE's Website on any day in the past. It is primarily used, i believe to settle disputes about when web companies added or removed content from a website, but can be very handy for us.

We just had to assist an important client whose roof full of solar panels was no longer reporting to whoever pays them for SRECS . The company who developed the reporting system went away, (All these "energy companies" that have very little to do with energy fade away)

We were able to find the support documents from 2010.

netsol

I know they don't save everything. We have retrieved documentation and certaindriver downloads
They don't seem to be consistent