• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Anyone have the Roll Up add on?

Kentucky Wraps

Kentucky Wraps
I've added the Roll Up (take up system) to my 64" Summa TS2-140.
I cannot find info anywhere with instructions on how to operate it.
Anyone know how to...or can point me to a resource that you know discusses it?
Thanks.

iPrintStuff

Prints stuff
97ABD798-83C9-4BE0-B78C-AFDD7A4B7788.png
E9ED7535-7BDB-493C-8A4E-9A7CF70FDC25.png

ikarasu

Let me know how good it is. My understanding is it only rolls up and not back... So if you're cutting a 20ft job it'll still drop on the floor and potentially crinkle...still worth it IMO, but it'd be nice if you could slow it down and have it unroll and reroll itself on cuts!

Christian @ 2CT Media

Let me know how good it is. My understanding is it only rolls up and not back... So if you're cutting a 20ft job it'll still drop on the floor and potentially crinkle...still worth it IMO, but it'd be nice if you could slow it down and have it unroll and reroll itself on cuts!
Just don't use the full media feed option and it won't unroll that much, pair that with paneling and it shouldn't ever hit the floor.

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
Ours is still in the box for our 160; it was backordered for like 2 months when we got our Summa......just haven't had time to install it.

AF

We have it. It only rolls up after the current job is finished cutting. Not sure if paneling causes it to roll up mid-job but my recollection is that it waits for the job to finish. You have to properly route the media to the take-up or it won’t work. I attach a 4’ leader to the take-up core to make it easy. There is an optical or sonic sensor that figures out when to stop rolling up. If the sensor does not detect material it won’t roll up. Easy to use, and a life saver on long jobs. The trick is to break up the job into smaller jobs so the machine will roll-up every few feet.

Tatonka

We got it and it's been a lifesaver on my last 2 jobs. One was about 750 yds of 36" prints, and this one has been 150 yds of 14" prints. I had a heck of a time trying to get it to roll up full jobs, so I broke them into smaller jobs cutting with Winplot.

Bly

It's a bit of a pain to get taped on and started but it's great if you have a full roll to cut.
I think we've only used it once.
It does roll back.
We also had no idea how to activate it. There's a sensor hidden at the back so if turned on in the front panel it will simply start taking up.