• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Anyone in the UK who uses ink from Digital Ink GB Ref Drying Issues?

Hello,
I've switched to their inks as they manufacture it in the UK and if you use their ink they give you a mileage/3 year warranty on your print head, but I have had a lot of issues with the ink remaining tacky and even sticking to the rear of the rear of the backing sheet on the take up roller.

I have had this with other inks occasionally but only when using Avery 1105 wrap film but their ink also does it on MPI 2000 which I haven't ever had before.

They said my temps were too low, these are the temps from the profile for that media, 35 deg, 35 deg and 50 deg, they said to change them all to 50 degrees which I have done but the issue remains.

Something else I have noticed is the smell of these inks when printing, is nothing like genuine Mimaki or other 3rd party inks I have used.

Thanks.

Vassago

They are probably using a different solvent - depends on how thick a layer youre laying down as to how quickly it will evaporate.

Most solvent inks slightly dissolve the substrate, maybe yours isn't so it's just sitting on top instead of merging with it.

They are probably using a different solvent - depends on how thick a layer youre laying down as to how quickly it will evaporate.

Most solvent inks slightly dissolve the substrate, maybe yours isn't so it's just sitting on top instead of merging with it.
I'm using same print profiles as I always have with genuine Mimaki and other 3rd party inks so it shouldn't be those, I think it might be not enough solvent in the ink or something like that hence them not smelling like they usually do when printing.

Vassago

Hmm.. Print profiles are bad.. Each ink is different and each substrate is different. Ideally you should make a profile for each combination you use - in the real world though, it's a good idea to make one for your "White" media using your ink and that should cover most issues..

Back to the issue at hand.. Yup.. Does sound like Theres less solvent in there which would cause your issues. I'd make a profile on the media your using - you could be laying down way too much ink if there's less solvent in it. (less solvent = higher percentage ink per ml laid down)