• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Anyone Install a New Mainboard in a VP-540(i)?

player

I have install a new mainboard in my VP-540i. I have the service manual, and Peck with the "get" from my current board. I am not sure about the steps/procedures I have to do once I have the new board installed.

How do I "initialize" the board?

Any details are appreciated.

jriley

After you get the parameters and replace the board according to the service manual instructions (take lots of pictures with your phone, triple-check all connections before you power on), you need to install firmware, put parameters back, etc..

The service manual tells you, step by step, what do do after the board is physically replaced. For instance, if it says "update firmware," it will tell you where in the service manual the steps are for that. Is there a particular part of the instructions you're stuck on? I am not sure what you mean by "initialize the board."

player

After you get the parameters and replace the board according to the service manual instructions (take lots of pictures with your phone, triple-check all connections before you power on), you need to install firmware, put parameters back, etc..

The service manual tells you, step by step, what do do after the board is physically replaced. For instance, if it says "update firmware," it will tell you where in the service manual the steps are for that. Is there a particular part of the instructions you're stuck on? I am not sure what you mean by "initialize the board."
So after I install the board I set the IP address, update the firmware then do the "put" and the remaining calibrations?

player

Does it matter my IP was changed at the printer for my network? I can change the IP at the printer as soon as the board is in?