• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Anyone know source of these plastic wall mount boards for prints?

SignEx

We have customer who is replacing some 18x20 prints on interior of offices, original prints were framed and matted but they want something different,
they showed me a mounting board I believe may have come from a Walmart print place,
Its approx 3/4 inch thick, black color, made from light weight plastic with a foam injected inside,
Smooth on front for print, rear is made with holes to hang on wall,
Not sure if this is something custom made just for Walmart,
or if these could be purchased somewhere,
Thought someone might have some insight,
or maybe a alternative that would look similar to what they are wanting,

thanks mark

Attachments

• _hd_product_03.jpg
    _hd_product_03.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 225

visual800

sounds like foamcore from hell, super duty? already routed the mounting holes in it. I bet it was done specifically for the walmart

NateF

I think this might be what you're looking for: http://www.ultraboard.com/ultramount/

We had a sales rep stop by a few months ago with some samples. I'm not positive, but I'm pretty sure they had something like this. Along with a bunch of other high-quality foam board products. I've been trying to get my local supplier to stock their stuff but no luck yet...

Ultimate13

We do quite a few boards for offices and lobbies, we mount to 1/2" black gator and glue a french cleat to the back. We use a high temp glue gun, not a hobby one of course.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 2015032995112220.jpg
    2015032995112220.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 293

SignEx

We do some of the 1/2 foamboard for these same people ,But this piece they showed me is entirely different than foam board, I think they like it because its 3/4 inch thick and the edges are covered,
It seems to be a styrene plastic or something with a white foam injected inside, then the edges are covered with same plastic,

Do they make some kind of edge sealer for foamboard, I've saw trim cap, but this is only on edges ,doesn't extend above sides,

Attachments

• IMG_1645.jpg
    IMG_1645.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 180
  • IMG_1646.jpg
    IMG_1646.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 215

TrustMoore_TN

Sign & Graphics Business Consultant
It may be Ultraboard EB (Edge Banded). I had a quote for a display board that came in like that, that was edge banded and called Sabic and they stock it. The price for 24x36 was around $28 if I'm not mistaken. Did a google search for it and found the link below.

http://mountingboards.com/products/34-ultra-board-eb/
[h=2]Product Description[/h]3/4″ Ultra Board EB is a high end mounting substrate designed to deliver added depth in all mounting applications. It features a high-tack adhesive on one side and a durable edge banded finish. It is offered in ten pre-cut sizes available in white or black. Each board has the length and width undercut on each size by 1/8″ to facilitate final trimming. It also comes with four pre-drilled holes on the back of the board for hanging purposes.

Ultimate13

What do you use for the cleat? Curious what hot glues that well.

We cut down 1/2" MDF for the angled french cleat pieces and then we cut a square cut piece the same length to support the bottom of the art off the wall.

We use a high temp PAM glue gun with American Standard Adhesives ASA-8102-A10, We have never had a problem.

We made a simple jig with some pvc so they are all the same distance from the edge and centered.

Good luck with it!

SignEx

BluemoonATL and NateF were correct, these are made by United Industries the same people who make the foam board we use,
I had no idea they had a separate website where they sell these pre made mounting blanks,

thanks for everyones input, I appreciate the help,

mark