• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Anyone know where to get the material to make this curb sign..looks cool!!!

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
The advantage with the Alumigraphics is that is also conforms to surface imperfections (actually will split into deeper cracks but still looks great). We print it on our Mimaki solvent printers then liquid laminate it with Frog Juice. I have had pieces out that still looks good after 4 years of regular foot traffic and some at client locations (steel mill, military base, nuclear fuel facility) for just as long. It is so good that you do not get the repeat business of replacing it as much though since it lasts so long. At a couple of those places they even have forklift and vehicle traffic - that does tend to wear the print off within about a year though.

signheremd

The advantage with the Alumigraphics is that is also conforms to surface imperfections (actually will split into deeper cracks but still looks great). We print it on our Mimaki solvent printers then liquid laminate it with Frog Juice. I have had pieces out that still looks good after 4 years of regular foot traffic and some at client locations (steel mill, military base, nuclear fuel facility) for just as long. It is so good that you do not get the repeat business of replacing it as much though since it lasts so long. At a couple of those places they even have forklift and vehicle traffic - that does tend to wear the print off within about a year though.

We have found Alumagraphics works great on concrete but not on sealed asphalt. Do you have any tips on applying to asphalt?

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
We have found Alumagraphics works great on concrete but not on sealed asphalt. Do you have any tips on applying to asphalt?
I'd contact Alumigraphics to see what they say. We have applied it to asphalt without any issues but it was older asphalt....

817dallas

WE substituted floor graphic material for this application to save a fortune. It adheres to concrete and is 1/10 the cost of the aluminum stuff. Renew every couple of years?
What supplier do you recommend and what printer do you use?

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
What supplier do you recommend and what printer do you use?

I have something wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy better then Alumigraphics! My rolls are 54"x100' for $569 works on literally any surface also. Has similar top coat but different adhesive technology.

Reveal1

Wouldn't all of these products require a sealed surface? Seems like every product I've placed on unsealed concrete permanently stains the concrete after a few months.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Wouldn't all of these products require a sealed surface? Seems like every product I've placed on unsealed concrete permanently stains the concrete after a few months.

Mine doesn't stain, it will be noticeable though I would imagine if you remove it and its a lot cleaner looking then the surrounding area.

Inks

Just curious here, how did it adhere to the sealed surface? Some of those sealants may have products that bead water and may cause adhesion issues.

Reveal1

Just curious here, how did it adhere to the sealed surface? Some of those sealants may have products that bead water and may cause adhesion issues.
Depends on the sealer and application. I'm referring to floor sealants like stains , top coatings etc. which comprise many of the surfaces to which floor decals are applied. I happen to lease from a concrete products company next door who refers us a lot, and haven't run into problems yet except on poorly applied sealers where removal brings up the sealer with it. Even in those cases, the rest of the floor coating fails irrespective of the decal removal.

WYLDGFI

Merchant Member
The alumagraphics can be applied to unsealed concrete and block. Its made to conform into the grooves and against brick to a point. ** We always print these double hit.

Last edited:

Inks

Depends on the sealer and application. I'm referring to floor sealants like stains , top coatings etc. which comprise many of the surfaces to which floor decals are applied. I happen to lease from a concrete products company next door who refers us a lot, and haven't run into problems yet except on poorly applied sealers where removal brings up the sealer with it. Even in those cases, the rest of the floor coating fails irrespective of the decal removal.
Good info, thanks!

MGB_LE

In my experience, maybe. I have two on my curb at home, and I have a few here at the shop on polished concrete. Unless the polished concrete is sealed, all of the prints are holding pretty well on concete with no staining that I'm aware of.