• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Anyone knows how to do cutting prior to printing in the Mimaki CJV 150?

print n press

Called Mimaki but even they don't know, Really frustrated here... there is a thread here but it was no help. it's supposed to be real simple with the composition in rasterlink 6 but when ever I try to click and drag it and change the order that the cutting will go first it gives me a red line meaning I cant do it. So please anyone know how to do this?
Thanks

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
I don't understand the question. You want to cut some decals before they are printed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

print n press

yes, I am currently printing on a 6 ml vinyl and if I cut inside the bleed the edges of sticker will curl up due to solvent still gassing out. so mimaki came up with a way to make the cut before the print this way it doesn't happen. It could be done through Rasterlink 6 but I don't know how to do this...:(

Vinylman

Perhaps the "problem" you are attempting to correct can be looked at from a slightly different approach>

{1} unless your cutter can "see" registration points printed on the material, it has no place to position the START point at.

{2} I do not know IF you can print just the registration points, then cut, then go back and print your artwork over the cut file?
That would depend on whether you have a "print / cut" machine, or a printer and a stand alone plotter.

I am not familiar with the printer you list as your source, so my idea may/may not work.

print n press

Perhaps the "problem" you are attempting to correct can be looked at from a slightly different approach>

{1} unless your cutter can "see" registration points printed on the material, it has no place to position the START point at.

{2} I do not know IF you can print just the registration points, then cut, then go back and print your artwork over the cut file?
That would depend on whether you have a "print / cut" machine, or a printer and a stand alone plotter.

I am not familiar with the printer you list as your source, so my idea may/may not work.

the CJV 150 -160 is a printer/cutter in the same machine. It is doable as seen on this video CJV150 | MIMAKI ENGINEERING CO , LTD Ver10 - YouTube go to 3:40

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
I hope this will help you. I did a Google search, and found this video. Mimaki Print & Cut workflow with RasterLink Tools and Illustrator - YouTube

There was also several links to Mimaki operator manuals. Those are given to people to READ and learn. There should also have been instructions given at the time of original installation of the equipment. IF you did not receive those items from your purchase the supplier cheated you.

He wants to CUT before he's even printed, if you had read his post. Which I don't see how you can do if you don't print crop marks first.

After looking at the other video posted, I guess it is possible. This is the only printer I have seen that offers something like this.

jfiscus

Rap Master
You will still have the same trouble cutting before printing. Actually, I bet it will be worse.
You HAVE to wait until the decals FULLY outgass before you can plot the vinyl. I assume you're not laminating or waiting (on the solvents to outgass) to laminate either?

P.Jassal

[FONT=&quot]Hi,
To get it to Cut first then Print.
The step that is missing is have the cut Print files linked
download
Select compose, the icon with the Green Star on white[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]You will see output order where Color is [1] and cut is [2][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Click on the color layer and select that layer, move it to the top.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Then click “COMPOSE” at the bottom.
when you go to print select same way that you were doing , it will still show as print>cut[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]But this is how I got the cut first .
you will also see it give the message in rasterlink “waiting for cut”[/FONT]

Promonut

I was able to finally swap the cut and print order, what I found out was that it 'won't swap' while you have the job imposed. In my case I had it 35up on a 1370mm wide roll. I had to go back to just the single file (not multiples) in the General Print window, change it to 1, then I could swap order in the Composition window.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
For any of the confused, Mimaki does have a feature that cuts before printing without registration marks. It helps when you need a full bleed and are having issues with the vinyl curling up. It's the same as printing and then cutting without registration marks. The printer only needs to roll the media back to the origin to accurately print over the cut. Although registration marks can be used and might improve accuracy for longer jobs.