• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Anyone on Mac use Little Snitch?

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Good thing presidential elections come every 4 years, if not, we would have nothing to argue over in these forums.

WildWestDesigns

Hmmm, I don't have a dog in this fight, but I find it fascinating to see/hear people discussing the downsides of certain software, manufactures or just plain user use..... of certain things and then to call out someone defending it, because they used if for decades, pounced upon him with this 'over used' bullsh!t of ad hominem crap, is just priceless. Comparing either of you to some news caster is now considered an invalid claim upon you or your statements ?? How thin-skinned is that ??

I would say the person that did the personal attacks is more thin skinned at that point. One should be able to make a counter claim without the attacking the person directly. If the claim that they are trying to go against is easily refuted then it should be able to do so without going after the person directly. Going after the person directly only distracts, doesn't add to.

The natural progression of a discussion typically is, claim, counter claim and then that is either countered or it's not.

The reminds me of that one topic that Tx tried to do where you had one post and that's it to prove your point. That just doesn't happen.

If you don't want to take the chance that your feelings will get hurt by someone that has a different opinion/belief then what you do, then maybe shouldn't put it out there.

I have no problem with someone challenging my believes (ironically this is how we learn, or at least how I do), but attack my claims directly, not me, attacking me just sows distraction. And it tends to show that one doesn't really have another leg to stand on otherwise.

Johnny Best

You know I am right here, I hear you talking.
Bobby H and Wild love to converse on a computer subjects and go on and on. Like comparing if my 67 GTO is faster than a Corvette 427. Now Bobby wants me to compare a 2020 Pontiac Firebird to a 2020 Honda Civic. They like to have their tickle parties while we all watch so I thought I could jump in on the conversation, but noooooo, you can't give your opinion unless they approve. I also knew that Wild's wife had the trouble with her Apple and not his mother but inserting Memaw into the story made it more interesting. And then Bobby inserted his femininity into the fray with "kiss my a$$" remark.
And, Wild worrying about the new Apples were getting information on you, the guy's on Facebook, they know what toilet paper he uses for gods sake.
We all know how smart the both of you are and we still love you know matter how you feel. My problem is that I read every post.
And yes Bobby, I voted for Trump and thought he did a great job and am looking forward to the next four years whoever the President is.

ColorCrest

All around shop helper.
FYI...
Apple has already responded with some explanations of how things work and how they will change things soon. Sorry, I don't have links at hand but they're easily found. Valid concerns? Absolutely, but there is almost always more to a story in such cases.

What's happening in Silicon Valley is a vast churn of talent and experience not too mention this particular year. (Retirements, differences in cultures, youthful naiveté, etc.) The industry has rough seas ahead and one will need to jibe accordingly.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Wild, I didn't really see you really making any flaming attacks and we all know Johnny Best uses colorful language. However, that upset bobby h deeply. He's still writing things about it. Like GAC said, everyone like to argue....... while some just more than others. The thread can be something to learn from, but kicking others to the curb, because of words one doesn't like is pathetic. Just grow the f*ck up.

This sh!t (constant bickering and finger pointing) is starting to happen in almost every thread. I would suggest if ya can't take the heat, get the f*ck outta Dodge.

WildWestDesigns

They like to have their tickle parties while we all watch so I thought I could jump in on the conversation, but noooooo, you can't give your opinion unless they approve.

Bare in mind, you came out right out of the gate with this:

WildWeast and Bobby H sound like Chris Cuomo and Don Lemon bashing Trump and giving out facts about Macs and software.

That doesn't start the conversation off in the best of ways. It's more along the lines of "I say what I can, because I can and I want to". Sure, you can, but that doesn't mean that you are free from blow back due to that as well.

I also knew that Wild's wife had the trouble with her Apple and not his mother but inserting Memaw into the story made it more interesting.

And irrelevant. You supposedly may or may not have known (I have no way of knowing just only having to go by what you type and that would be the same thing for those that see this that have no context otherwise as well). Again, it comes off as a distraction, doesn't affect the validity of your opinion of the Mac or not, because it's irrelevant to the conversation.

And, Wild worrying about the new Apples were getting information on you, the guy's on Facebook, they know what toilet paper he uses for gods sake.

And I'm sure I'm on more then a few lists as well. And not the good ones either.

Here is the big distinction between the 2. 1 can be denied direct access to our information (there are other ways for them to get it, but I'm talking direct from us the users access). However, things baked into a locked down OS, I can't stop what is shared over an open communication port. And I can't stop people that have the ability to intercept such things. 1 I can directly stop, the other I cannot. And thing of the unfettered access that an OS has on everything, even communications that happen on the LAN that that computer sees, all that info could be included as well. Hard to tell exactly everything that is reported on a locked down system.

My problem is that I read every post.

Might I suggest the ignore button. Personally, I don't use it as I don't believe in cancelling opinions/beliefs that I don't agree with, but if your problem is that you read every post and those posts disturb you that much, it might actually be a viable option.

And yes Bobby, I voted for Trump and thought he did a great job and am looking forward to the next four years whoever the President is.

Based on your analogies, I think you would be surprised where I reside on the political spectrum. Although it should be easily inferred from my responses in this thread alone.