• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Anyone running an Epson SC 50670 w/white ink?

Snydo

Looking for feedback from anyone running a 50670 with the white ink. We would primarily be printing on Oracal 3641 clear.
I realize the white ink is more expensive, but would save us considerable labor(and mask) for the long haul. We are currently running a 30670 and are very pleased with it.
Any other white ink capable brands/models anyone would recommend?....eco-sol only.

Last edited:

Grizzly

It’s all about your print!
Epson S70670

We are running the Epson S70670 that has silver too. We've never used the silver so that was a waste. The white is difficult, you really have to print white at least every other day, otherwise you end up wasting ink trying to get the white heads to come back. White is really slow too, and getting the white to print where and when you want is tricky. Sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesn't. It ends up being a trial and error process all the time. Sometimes Onyx just won't read the spot colors correctly depending on the artwork. When it works, it's nice to be able to print white stickers with color on clear and just have a clear outline. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Snydo

Thanks for the input. We run flexi 10 and would primarily be using it for production runs of 1 to 3 rolls of 54" clear at a time. So once we get it set up correctly we should be good to go. One thing I was wondering about, is the white a nice solid white? banding a problem at all?

Grizzly

It’s all about your print!
In Onyx you can set your white saturation and get nice solid white when your not putting color on it. We don't run a lot of large solid white areas so I couldn't really tell you on that. That being said, it runs so slow with white, it really shouldn't be a problem. I you wanted to send me a sample I could print it for you. With color, we don't have problems with it showing in the print as long as the nozzles are all firing.

Thanks for the input. We run flexi 10 and would primarily be using it for production runs of 1 to 3 rolls of 54" clear at a time. So once we get it set up correctly we should be good to go. One thing I was wondering about, is the white a nice solid white? banding a problem at all?

Snydo

Thanks Grizz, our sales rep is supposed to be getting us samples but if he doesn't come through soon I may take you up on that offer.