• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Anyone seen or used Hype to create websites?

CES020

I know this is Mac only, but it looks very good for creating html 5 websites. Seems to be getting decent reviews. There are some pretty slick animations in it that seem like they would really fit into a nice website.

I'm just finishing (or am I really just starting?) up our website, done outside of hype, but now I'm thinking this is the next place to design our site for rev.2 once I get our current one up.

Check out the two tutorials and watch how easy it is to create some nice effects.

http://tumultco.com/hype/

Any thoughts? It's only $29, so I think it's probably worth a test drive for that price.

Shift Designs

came across this on engadget or somewhere, looks pretty dope. THanks for bringing it back to my attention. gonna dig a little deeper with it.

CES020

Oh, you made it through the huge fight between Apple and Adobe? Apple said Flash was a resource hog so they wouldn't include it on their mobile devices (iphone, ipad). Adobe said they wouldn't fix it, Apple said they were getting behind html 5 because it would replace Flash.

Since that big, public battle, things have been heading more and more towards it. If you didn't check out the tutorials, check it out. You can do some very cool stuff with it, no flash required.

signswi

There's going to be a slew of HTML5 visual builder tools coming out over the next few years as the saturation point of people with browsers that support it keeps tipping. Nice to have some developers starting to look at HTML design as a visual process again after the horrors of Dreamweaver dissuaded almost everyone from the approach.