• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Anyone successfully calibrate axis alignment on a FC8000?

Wrapture

I'm having an issue where when there are intermediate registration marks, the cut path is off alignment. If it's just the 4 corner marks it's dead on. Graphtec support is non existent and the manual is difficult at best to make English sense of.

If anyone has done this I'd love to hear some pointers. Thanks.

PMG

Graphtec support is non existent and the manual is difficult at best to make English sense of.
Thats not true,,i had my fc7000-130 go bad and they were on the phone with me trying to resolve this issue till no end ,,they even sent me a new machine and paid to have mine shipped back to california ,,plus i got check up calls from tech just to make sure everything was up and going after i got the new machine . I have had no issues dealing with Graphtec for the past 3 years when i call i get a call back and it the same day.:rock-n-roll:

jasonx

Are you adding the reg marks to the file on the same computer as the machine hooked up to the cutter?

Are you cutting with the cutting master or something else?

Wrapture

PMG: I have been leaving messages for their tech support for months. No return calls. Ever.

Jason, I'm using both Wasatch and Cutting Master.

Graphtec is passing the buck to Wasatch. Wasatch is "Looking into it" and Fellers is doing some R&D on their end.

FWIW Fellers tech support is World Class. They consistently return phone calls and ACTIVELY do whatever they can to help.

I may have a lemon unit or something wrong with the ARMS section of it.

The saga continues.

P

ProWraps™

still wondering what you mean by intermediate registration marks.

scallahan

In the newer versions of FlexiSign the software prints some extra marks on the vinyl when you are printing long pieces. The idea is that the sensors will detect this marks and help keep the machine aligned while it is looking for the corner marks.

Wrapture

Correct. They are used on large jobs to keep the cutter better aligned with the print. The media can be skewed slightly in the cutter or worse it can and will be stretched in the laminator. The intermediate marks help keep everybody on the same page...at least that's how it works in the movies.

Tec, what cutter and print / cut software are you using? I know you're doing large print cut jobs.