• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

anyone try flexi for the new macs?

CustomRide

I was just curious if anyone has used the Flexi software for the new macs? IF you have it email me I would like to know how it is working out for you.:thankyou:

Mainframe

I beta tested flexi for the Mac & it runs very well for layout, cutting etc, I was coming from a very early version so the learning curve was a little steep, I design everything in illy & dump it in flexi to cut so I really didn't get into it too deeply but as far as I can tell it is a solid program for what I used it for & it is GREAT to be able to design & cut straight out of 10.5, Having said that I still haven't printed out of it so I can't speak for that side of it. I did hear from someone who is printing from it & he said he had no problem. I have xp loaded & print everything out of versaworks (would be nice to see a Mac version!)

cgsigns_jamie

I beta tested 8.5 on my Macs and it worked for me. It was a beta so it did crash now and then (a little more often then usual that is...) but overall it was very stable. I was able to run both plotters and our Roland XC-540 without any trouble. I was even able to connect to the Production Manager running on my Windows RIP computer without issue. I use Flexi 8.5 on Windows Vista everyday and I didn't see any difference between it and the Mac version, all the features are there.

Sparky

So I just got my Mac version of Flexi, and I pop the disc in the drive and all I have are PC programs on there!

Sheesh... I guess I will call SAI Monday morning....

Attachments

• Picture 18.png
    Picture 18.png
    51.7 KB · Views: 159

Sparky

An Update...

They sent a Windows disc in a mac box... next morning I had it installed - no problems.

Well, except for the known issue of computer lock-ups with computers that have too much RAM (I have 14GB). I am not sure what the base level of RAM that is OK, but I am currently waiting on a call from the higher-ups at tech support to get me fixed up with some patch (I guess - they asked if I was on a high-speed connection).