• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

anyone use SS FAB flag material?

just got some ss fab material in to do some flags and we did a few test prints in some different profiles. we found a profile and was recommended the same profile by a friend. now, the graphic was mainly black but came out a washed out gray color, looks like a very sun faded black kinda look! on the small test prints it looked ok but these boys were 10 ft long so....was a little bit confused as to why they turned out like that. anyone had any experience with this material? its the first time we've used it.

thanks!

HaroldDesign

I've used similar, with the same result. One that has nice color is the Opt-Solve Banner Silk from Advantage. It doesn't feel quite as cloth-like, but the color is nice.

thanks....our supplier was saying this was really nice stuff for the flag graphics etc as thats what we needed it for but yeah, the color came out really washed out and i guess i should get a profil made up for it, specifically for that material on our machine to get better results. i'll see if i can get a sample of the opt-solve banner silk from advantage, give it a go and see the results.
thanks!

HaroldDesign

I've tried profiling different things that come out looking faded, and it turns into a situation of laying more ink. The ink starts bleeding, rather than the color popping. Dye-sub or synthetic fabric seems to be the only solution.

yeah, thats why i didn;t want to lay down loads of ink as of the risk of bleeding..... i know i can get someone in to make me a profile for it, not sure how much they charge though, so wnat to try maybe a few other materials first see what it looks like. with the wavy flag type banners they need to be on a light material due to them being on a pole.

Sign Eagle

The color's washed out because the weave of the material is very open, where there's no material, there's no ink result washed out print.

yeah, to be honest i'd thought it maybe that...so i have called several other companies and were getting a sample of there flag material from each to try. i'll keep you guys posted as what works etc as i know some on here would be interested.