• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Anyone use this paper? Does it work?

tcorn1965

GO HotColor No Weed Transfer Paper
GO HotColor No Weed Transfer Paper is a high performance one step weedless transfer paper for transferring onto a variety of white and light colored fabrics or dark fabric with metallic foil.

Ideal Applications
Imagine being able to transfer beautiful silkscreen quality images without the background in just one step. Introducing GO HotColor one step transfer paper, a high performance weedless transfer paper designed for optimum transfer yield resulting in vivid color image transfers onto white and light colored fabrics in just one step.

GO’s HotColor transfer paper can transfer on to cotton, cotton/polyester blend, and polyester T-shirts or fabrics

GO HotColor transfer paper is available in the following sizes: 8.5 x 11” 100 sheets + ; 11 x 17” 100 sheets +

Thanks!

Christian @ 2CT Media

That only works for DyeSub & Waterbased inks and it only transfers the ink to the garment.... it works ok from my experiences but depending on the quality of heat press some ink may not transfer completely and remain on the transfer.

tcorn1965

That only works for DyeSub & Waterbased inks and it only transfers the ink to the garment.... it works ok from my experiences but depending on the quality of heat press some ink may not transfer completely and remain on the transfer.

Thanks Media!

Will it work on my Ricoh GX700, that uses the sawgrass sublimation inks?

WildWestDesigns

If you are using it for dye sub and you are transferring it on pure cotton and/or blends, the reason has to do with the natural fibers and the fact that dye sub doesn't work on them. Otherwise, like you, I would think of the heat press.

OP, what's the reasoning for going to these? What I'm seeing, it isn't anything that other transfers don't claim. The only thing I'm not seeing is the price point though.

HaroldDesign

If you are using it for dye sub and you are transferring it on pure cotton and/or blends, the reason has to do with the natural fibers and the fact that dye sub doesn't work on them. Otherwise, like you, I would think of the heat press.

OP, what's the reasoning for going to these? What I'm seeing, it isn't anything that other transfers don't claim. The only thing I'm not seeing is the price point though.
Surprisingly it's not expensive
http://www.graphicsone.com/media/ca...olor No Weed Transfer Paper EU Info Sheet.pdf

I wonder if it would work with pigmented inks?

WildWestDesigns

330°F is too low for sublimation. That's your problem with the transfer alright.

Also only 25 seconds press time. Not long enough. Even at heavy pressure. Most sublimation is at medium pressure as it is. Even with heavy pressure at a low temp and lower press time. No wonder spotty at best.

Add to that, I'm not seeing anything with it and dye sub either. Which is a good thing since those specs are off for that.

Christian @ 2CT Media

They recommend to use their toner printers with it, but it works for dyesub and waterbased inks as its the same stuff they sell for that relabeled. For DyeSub it requires a minimum of 35 seconds and 420 degrees.... The issues we had with it was with chromablast inks on cotton not transferring due to cold spots on the press... so parts of the image would look washed out, switch to a new Geo Knight and it works perfectly.