• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Anyone used the banner hemmer

Letterbox Mike

That looks like it would be a pain in the neck to do anything over 3' long. Imaging trying to do a 20' hem on that, it'd take 3 or 4 people to hold the banner up, unless you built some sort of rack or something off the edge of your work tables... Plus it looks to be awful slow...

Pat Whatley

If you watch the video when he seals the end and removes it doesn't look like it sealed the sides together very evenly.

jiarby

THIS is a Banner Pro.... Juki 1541

THAT thing is a Dazey Seal-A-Meal on stilts.

Attachments

• juki.jpg
    juki.jpg
    134 KB · Views: 144

Biker Scout

Yeah, should be at least 4' wide to be viable... I mean, 24" that's it?

I'm more interested in the Banner Cyclone. I've always had good luck with banner tape, and the Banner Cyclone actually folds over and creases the banner in one continuous motion. The hemmer in the video looks like it actually takes longer than using banner tape by hand.

bossdg

We bought a BannerPro and it works GREAT. It is not a bag sealer. It has a heavy duty transformer, dual heat and special heat elements. Hems banners (we've done 4 x 8, 4.5 x 12), makes pole pockets and pocket signs without any consumable expense. The pocket signs sell well as an alternative to Coroplast sign (more profit for us).

Last edited:

Charlie J

We bought a BannerPro and it works GREAT. It is not a bag sealer. It has a heavy duty transformer, dual heat and special heat elements. Hems banners (we've done 4 x 8, 4.5 x 12), makes pole pockets and pocket signs without any consumable expense. The pocket signs sell well as an alternative to Coroplast sign (more profit for us).

What is the difference between it and one of these

http://www.uline.com/BL_2252/Foot-Operated-Poly-Bag-Sealer-Impulse

bossdg

It only has heat on the bottom jaw and was not built to fabricate banner material. It's a bag sealer (thin plastic only). Don't be fooled by the difference. The BannerPRO was built for use with banner material, it is a totally different device. Our BannerPRO works GREAT!