• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Anyone using 3rd party latex inks?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
There are 1000 3rd party solvent inks on the market and I was just wondering if it's the same for the latex world. Anyone using a 3rd party latex ink? If so which brands are available?

flyplainsdrifta

I have only heard horror stories about 3rd party latex. Before i started at my shop about 6 years ago, the previous operators had given a 3rd party ink for our L25500 and it was apparently a nightmare. head life went from 6 to 10 weeks to like 2. Ink flow issues. all sorts of silliness. Of course that was 1st gen and things may have come a ways since then, but i honestly havent seen anyone whos had luck in getting it to work. I'm assuming its a proprietary thing with HP thats not allowing it to happen. Id say give it some time and well see someone pick up the slack. Especially since they end of lifed a couple 1st gen models of ink. So i guess we shall see.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Interesting. Looks like it's not as prevalent in the latex world. I always recommend OEM inks but I would say at least half of all solvent printers I work on are using 3rd party inks probably even more than that.

Christian @ 2CT Media

Interesting. Looks like it's not as prevalent in the latex world. I always recommend OEM inks but I would say at least half of all solvent printers I work on are using 3rd party inks probably even more than that.
The Latex Ink is heavily guarded and its hard to copy unlike the Solvent that has been around forever.

We have tried: SAM*INK, STS, and Bordeaux... all exhibit clogging and nozzle drop out issues.

ProPDF

Looks Like Bordeaux is releasing a Latex Conversion system for Eco-Solv Printers... that should be interesting.

I just went to their website. Sounds like Sepiax ink almost which went absolutely no where and required huge speed reductions with high heat.

Hopefully they can improve on not having to deal with the smell would be nice. They got to have some real benefit to make a change though not fluffy stat sheets. I buy cases of $10 a liter solvent from China and can’t find anything to beat it yet for years.

Elray

I've been running Sams Ink for a couple of week now...no problems, perfect colour match, didn't need to flush just swapped the empty cartridge out.

Christian @ 2CT Media

Looking in to the conversion Kit, it appears Bordeaux may have purchased the rights to SepiaX and rebranded it EdenLX. I was always intrigued with SepiaX for Mutoh Hybrids...may be having a big name in inks behind it will get it off the ground.

Dukenukem117

I've been running Sams Ink for a couple of week now...no problems, perfect colour match, didn't need to flush just swapped the empty cartridge out.

Which printer do you have? STS says that their 831 cartridges work on the 300's but not the 500's. I wonder if SAM has the same limitation.

GWFI

I installed Bordeaux 831 inks in my HP Latex 360 and the typical error message came up about using non-OEM supplies, but when I went to push "OK" to move on to print, the error message wouldn't clear. The "OK" button wouldn't work. I had to click cancel to clear message and another error message appeared showing ink cartridges were missing.

I then powered the printer off and rebooted it and after running through the set up the same error message and process occurred again. I rebooted for a second time and again no luck with all the same errors showing up.

I then threw the OEMs back in and the printer identified the cartridges and began to print. The chips on these cartridges are supposed to work with all the new firmware updates.

Is anyone else having problems with using Bordeaux or other aftermarket inks in their HP latex machines? Or does anyone have instruction on how to bypass the error messages to print?

Jr gong

I installed Bordeaux 831 inks in my HP Latex 360 and the typical error message came up about using non-OEM supplies, but when I went to push "OK" to move on to print, the error message wouldn't clear. The "OK" button wouldn't work. I had to click cancel to clear message and another error message appeared showing ink cartridges were missing.

I then powered the printer off and rebooted it and after running through the set up the same error message and process occurred again. I rebooted for a second time and again no luck with all the same errors showing up.

I then threw the OEMs back in and the printer identified the cartridges and began to print. The chips on these cartridges are supposed to work with all the new firmware updates.

Is anyone else having problems with using Bordeaux or other aftermarket inks in their HP latex machines? Or does anyone have instruction on how to bypass the error messages to print?
Did you have any any luck with Bordeaux?

humberto s

Hello solventinkjet. thanks in advance for the help on this... what 3nr party ecosolvente inks you recomended for mutoh valuejet 1614. here in europe we have the ink named Digink from digisupliers , inktec and sunchemical that someone in the ink bussiness tell me actually manufactures oem mutoh inks.

george paris

I went with STS inks on my old HP25500 and they ran well for me. (Still trying to sell it for parts, back-up or whatever. needs a new drive belt) I have a low volume shop, however, so maybe it was partially luck? Had a couple of cartridges that the machine said they were empty when they still had ink; but the company exchanged them for me.