• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Anyone using a pc-600?

Just wondering what kinda sq ft per cass you get on one of these. What would be the best vinyl for vehicle lettering and graphics. There is a 5yr warranty when using mac tac 9800 vinyl, so I got that. But would like to know what other users of the pc-600 choose. Also, is the zero nine refills easy to load into the old cass, and is the quality any good?
Thanks

Border

That's a decent machine for doing small stuff but it's expensive as heck to print anything of size and also prone to print errors on bigger files too.
It's also good for foils and printing on the chrome vinyls etc.
You'll want an inkjet if you're gonna be doing vehicle graphics though, for sure.

Sign Works

I've printed on a wide variety of vinyls on my PC-600 but primarily on Mactac 9800, have come up with some very cool results printing on Coburn Specialty films & SignGold. Make sure whatever you print on has a smooth finish as to not chance damaging the print head. Real life tests showed Z9 prints failed miserably, faded out totally within 2 years without lamination and around 3 with lam. I have prints out there for over 6 years done with Roland ribbons that still look absoloutly beautiful as a matter of fact I ran into these trailers just the other day that I had done over 5 years ago, I examined decals closely and they looked great, no vinyl shrinkage & no noticible color fade, nothing wrong with the prints at all, the prints were done on Mactac 9800 white with CMY process color Roland ribbons w/Frog Juice liquid lam. Oh and the average is 8 sq ft per ribbon at full coverage, a little less from spot color ribbons.

Attachments

• mm.jpg
    mm.jpg
    161.9 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:

Border

On another note I can say that I have a few prints out there that are about 8 years old,maybe 9... done on a PC60. I printed them and then sprayed an automotive clearcoat on them before weeding and they still look really great today. They are on a semi truck cab (doors) that sits parked in the sun when not on the road.

But again, not a cost-effective way to do it. Just what I had to do at that time to get the job done and assure it would last. The print sizes were about 2 feet by 2 feet and the first run got an error with a ribbon dropout or something about 3/4 of the way through the print so I had to scrap them.

Good printer for small labels and such. -the end