• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Anyone using EFI's PrintSmith?

JPR-5690

When we first switched to PrintSmith ~5 years ago we didn't have anything close to the wide format capabilities that we do now so we never really bothered setting up the wide format definitions.

We hate how the platform handles everything wide format (and a lot of other things about it as well tbh) but we don't exactly have the time or money to switch systems right now.

Does anyone here use PrintSmith and would be willing to help me figure out the best way to have the stock and substrate definitions entered?

GB2

Old Member
I have PrintSmith and I am about to do the same thing as you, which is start to use the wide format and other features of the program. We can probably help each other. I'll PM my contact info.

JPR-5690

I don’t actually use printsmith but what would you like help with, specifically?

Well Im just now diving into it so at the moment my question is just an umbrella "wtf were they thinking and how is this supposed to operate?" lol

Their way of pricing LF jobs seems to be based off of the way that they calculate pricing for cut sheet digital/offset which is pretty nonsensical, so Im trying to figure out how the platform is -intended- to handle LF pricing so that I can figure out how much time this is worth investing in.