• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Anyone Using Qbo

Aflac

Is anyone using Quickbooks Online?

If so here is my main concern and question:

How do you write a "work order" or "job ticket" using QBO?
I currently use QB Premier but I'm thinking of switching to QBO. QBO does not have a "work order" function, however you can change the title of and "estimate" to "work order"...the only problem is the total amount of $$$$ is listed at the bottom and I don't need that floating around the shop....

Reason for change:
Cloud based with auto updates
4 Man Shop
I am the owner, sales man (inside and out), help installer, installer at times
I need to work from my house, airport, and vehicle

Any help or insight would be greatly appericated.
Thank you

paul luszcz

I currently use QB Premier but I'm thinking of switching to QBO. QBO does not have a "work order" function, however you can change the title of and "estimate" to "work order"...the only problem is the total amount of $$$$ is listed at the bottom and I don't need that floating around the shop....

Reason for change:
4 Man Shop

Any help or insight would be greatly appericated.
Thank you

We switched from the Mac desktop version of QB to QBO at the first of this year. The Mac desktop never had work orders either, so we've had a workaround in place for years (decades actually).

We use Estimates where we used to use "Pending Invoices".

We start every project with an Estimate, which when created, has a status of "Pending". We assign the template "Zebra Estimate" to this by default.

If the Estimate is accepted by a customer, we change the status to "Accepted" and enter certain additional information at that point. We also change the template to "Zebra Order" which has different attributes, including the title that appears now as "Order".

We have no reason to shield the prices from anyone in our shop and I'm not sure why you do either. But I just checked and you can hide the individual line item prices on this form, but not the total on the bottom.

A more important consideration for you is the fact that QBO is littered with missing functions and work arounds compared to the desktop version. It must seem even more deficient when compared to Premier.

Intuit offers a 30 day money back trial and should take them up on this tot test things out before making a change.

The more obvious solution is to set up a VPN to access your files remotely or to use an online host (which is costly) to serve your database online.

graph320

Reason for change:
4 Man Shop

Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you

You can go into templates and choose not to print the information.
Go to templates from the List menu. Choose templates
Pick the template you want to use.
Go to "Additional Customization"
You will get a grid showing Header, Columns,...
Inside the Header grid you will see options to have something appear on the screen, or print...

That is how I generate the work orders and don't have any
information about the price of things in my shop.

Hope this helps.

I don't know about the OP but I know for my shop. There are office copies and production copies. The production copies never have pricing on them. Our orders are usually sitting in the Will Call areas where everyone can see. If an end user came in and saw some of the prices that we offer to say Barricade companies this would not be beneficial. All copies that customers sign have totals on them. But they are brought out when the customer is there to pick up.

The the thread OP QBO and QB are almost the same. You would need to go in and activate/ deactivate whatever you didn't want on the order. You could create 15 different WO types with and without pricing on them. All up to how you lay them out.

paul luszcz

I don't know about the OP but I know for my shop. There are office copies and production copies. The production copies never have pricing on them. Our orders are usually sitting in the Will Call areas where everyone can see. If an end user came in and saw some of the prices that we offer to say Barricade companies this would not be beneficial. All copies that customers sign have totals on them. But they are brought out when the customer is there to pick up.

The the thread OP QBO and QB are almost the same. You would need to go in and activate/ deactivate whatever you didn't want on the order. You could create 15 different WO types with and without pricing on them. All up to how you lay them out.

I'm quite curious how you graph320 removed the price. Not that I want to, but there are other things I'd like to change on a template and can't, so I'm looking for this "Additional Customization" menu choice. When I go to the List menu and choose templates (called "Custom Form Styles" as close as I can tell) I see no Additional Customization choice.

As the OP may not either if he pursues QBO, I'd like to see (for both our sake) what I'm missing.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-04-06 at 4.04.07 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-04-06 at 4.04.07 PM.png
    127.6 KB · Views: 211
  • Screen Shot 2017-04-06 at 4.00.28 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-04-06 at 4.00.28 PM.png
    109.7 KB · Views: 216