• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Anyone Using Seal EP42 Laminator?

The Dotted Line

The Dotted Line
Hi Folks,

Is anyone out there using a Seal EP42 laminator? I bought a used one and am having a couple issues. When I first turn the machine on and do a temperature check, the roller temperatures both read about 147-150 degrees, which obviously is a problem. When I change the Program to Cold and select both rollers as "Cold," the "Wait" light continually blinks. Then I set my roller temperatures to 150 (as a test) and was able to get the "Ready" light to come on. When I press "Run" or the foot pedal, however, the rollers do not actually roll. I can only get the take up reel to roll.

I know this is a reach, but if anyone has had any experience with this and can shed some light I'd appreciate it! Or perhaps someone knows a Seal technician, or the like, that they might be able to refer me to?

Worst case: I continue to farm out the lamination...

Thanks in advance!
James

The Dotted Line

The Dotted Line
Safety Levers...

Just in case anyone is wondering, I talked with Seal tech support and was surprised at the amount of help they offered even knowing that I'd bought the machine second-hand. As far as the rollers not rolling, the guy I spoke with said there are two safety levers that must be engaged. One is where the front glass panel folds down, which I'd noticed. The other is inside the hole, that is on the left side, where the bar that the material goes under resides. Sure enough, the bar was not making contact and that was keeping the rollers from moving.

I'm still puzzled about the temperature, but the tech at Seal said he'd look into it. Once again, I'm very pleased with the help they offered so far.

Thank you for reading this and giving it a thought as well!

James