• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

anyone using these with edge FX?

airbrushkarin

I am sorry for being so lame right now. however I got my edge for a single color reason. I have now gotten a second edge fx and was wonder if the edge can print out these good? I have yet to play with any software settings in 2 years beyond what I needed.
Here is example. https://www.beacongraphics.com/graphics/xtreme-graphic-kits.html

I would love to see some of the extreme prints you all do with your edge.

Fred stuff like the Dolphin stuff you did. I am assuming CMYK and something to do with half tone settings?

Thanks,
Karin

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
It will do it with CMYK foils and the results will be very pleasing. OTOH you may find yourself overpriced and overworked due to the 11.5" panel height limit and the higher material costs of Edge foils vs. solvent inkjets.

On a related note, however, you would do well to look beyond stuff like you linked to and consider the nearly 2000 seamless tiles we offer for such designs. The quality is exceptional and the variety is huge.

airbrushkarin

Thanks Fred. What I am thinking of will not be any large format. wrapping or anything. 11.5 is enough. Funny thing is I have had my fx for two years now have the 2nd one and I need to order a set of cmyk foils. Just have not had need until now as long as this is what I need to achieve the results I am looking for.
So to get the say fire panel to print out I would just use the cmyk setting... I guess I will have to grab a set up this week. Thanks

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Thanks Fred. What I am thinking of will not be any large format. wrapping or anything. 11.5 is enough. Funny thing is I have had my fx for two years now have the 2nd one and I need to order a set of cmyk foils. Just have not had need until now as long as this is what I need to achieve the results I am looking for.
So to get the say fire panel to print out I would just use the cmyk setting... I guess I will have to grab a set up this week. Thanks

Yes you need the CMYK foils but, more importantly, you are now going to enter a learning curve of color profiles, color management and halftone/LPI settings. Brace yourself.

airbrushkarin

Fred I assumed although know nothing really of halftones the other stuff i am sooo clueless.... got any recommendations of a graphic from you that would be best to purchase to practice?

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Fred I assumed although know nothing really of halftones the other stuff i am sooo clueless.... got any recommendations of a graphic from you that would be best to purchase to practice?

We have a free download page where you download useful images from our collections. In particular, I recommend the fire and the coffee seamless tiles.

To save you a little time, I recommend the following ...

• With raster images, select the STC Photo halftone and set the LPI to 70.7.
  • With vector images, select Classical Dot and set the LPI to either 53 or 70.7 depending on whether there are gradients in the image. The higher the LPI, the finer the dot size but the greater the tendency to show banding in gradients.
  • When outputting to the Edge, turn off automatic color management in GSPPlot and select the output color profile named Gerber Edge II 300 DPI CMYK for best results.
  • Generally speaking, use images in RGB color mode and let the Gerber RIP take care of handling the conversion to CMYK output. The wider color gamut of RGB is much more pleasing than the comparative dull colors you get with an image set to CMYK color mode.