• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Anyone want to help my seo on my Wordpress?

J

john1

Been reading tuts and all using all in one seo and want to get more out of it so it's working at its full advantage.

Anyone up to help me with my seo on Wordpress? Just pm me and name your price.

I am getting quotes and jobs off my Wordpress but want to increase it even more

:thankyou:

J

john1

Not interested in posting it public, Anyone who can help me please PM me.

Thanks

wedosigns

Hi John
Check out this site and software http://www.link-assistant.com/
They fully expain seo, and have free software or you can upgrade to the paid for software.
I have used the free software, implemented the info from their site and started climbing in the rankings.
Good luck
Bruce

jkdbjj

Been reading tuts and all using all in one seo and want to get more out of it so it's working at its full advantage.

Anyone up to help me with my seo on Wordpress? Just pm me and name your price.

I am getting quotes and jobs off my Wordpress but want to increase it even more

:thankyou:
Well, I won't charge you, but I'd be glad to look over the code and tell you what I can about it.

SEOMOZ.ORG is also an invaluable resource for the SEO community.

WCSign

:thankyou: LOL

I instantly hit X or back whenever I see a site like that.

For the Watsons Sign gentleman, your site is nice, It takes time to get rankings in google.. the best thing you can do is not download any of that seo crap or pay anyone..

search for generic terms that consumers would use on google "sign maker ontario" stuff like that.. view all of the top pages, and take notes of what google highlights in the listing of the site.. emulate what you see

make blog posts, take pics from jobs and post them, write a little story and post the link up on facebook/twitter/forums etc.

when creating URLS - Titles and posts, make sure and use layman words.. the average person doesnt know what coroplast is, but if you tell them that its a rigid, durable inexpensive material thats used to make those temporary yard signs for politicians.. they will instantly know.. so quite possibly if you do a blog post like this:

URL = www.xxxx.com/blog/yard-sign-design-applebees-ontario

Title = "Plastic yard signs designed and installed for applebees ontario"

post = Today we got a call from "Our Local Neighborhood Applebees" The manager, Jeff, was asking if we could make some inexpensive small yard signs that they could put in the grass outside the restaurant near the street to promote cinco de mayo. We instantly knew that he was referring to coroplast signs, which are the small plastic signs that are typically seen on roadsides for politicians.

Applebees had their corporate graphic designer send us their artwork, which was perfect, so we had absolutely zero design work to do besides plugging the graphics into our adobe software and get to printing and cutting the vinyl.

The vinyl lettering on the signs laid down very smooth on the 18 x 24" coroplast and once we finished, we delivered our signs over to Jeff who was stoked at the final result. We also provided metal stakes for the signs to make them stand easily in the grass. Even though cinco de mayo is a month away, jeff let us slide the sign in the ground out by the road in front of the business and get a couple of pictures. They look awesome as you can tell by the pics from the side of the street. We think people driving by on Mapleleafs drive will be able to see them clear as day!

If you happen to stop by the Applebees and see the coroplast yard signs that we did for them, please think of us. And if you are out partying on Cinco De Mayo, stop by Applebees, we will be there drinking a Margarita!

You are telling the story about some work you did, it shows pride, builds trust because you are working for a solid business the consumer may know and like and its free advertising.. you just have to type it

notice I typed the words "side of the street and road side" to describe the same thing? who knows what people are going to search.. so cover your bases.

This may seem rediculous.. but once it gets crawled by google robots, that page will get a lot of hits on words like "roadside yard signs ontario"

as a layman.. if I needed those I would search just that..

also, if you notice at the end it doesnt say "if you need some signs like this please give us a call at etc etc.." My personal opinion is that is cheesy.. it says that you just made that whole post to sell something..

Notice how I ended it by saying "coroplast yard signs" in the last paragraph and alluded to the fact that we would be celebrating.

well now the average business owner would think.. "oh thats cool they are doing good work for a company AND they are patronizing them.. let me call" Then they call and instead of stumbling for 10 minutes not knowing the name of what they want, they say "Hey I need some coroplast yard signs made." and they might even say "like the ones you guys did for Applebees" (which is rare lol)

jkdbjj

Not interested in posting it public, Anyone who can help me please PM me.

Thanks
I guess what still perplexes me about this thread, is you are asking for specific help on how to generate traffic to your site, but at the same time don't want to publicly post your website?

Do you see the problem here? I mean I am sure you have your reasons, don't mean to bug you, but if you let some eyes on it, you can get some good free advice when your ready.

Your call.

J

john1

To be honest, I know there are some local guys on here and just didn't want to give my local comp a hint to what is working for my as far as website sales go.

No biggie guys, That's the reason though

jkdbjj

To be honest, I know there are some local guys on here and just didn't want to give my local comp a hint to what is working for my as far as website sales go.

No biggie guys, That's the reason though
OK PM me your site, and I'll look it over later today, if you want. If it is already to the level of my expertise, I'll simply say I can't help. If however, I see room for SEO improvement, I'll let you know.

signswi

1) Get rid of All-In-One SEO and switch to the WordPress SEO plugin by Joost de Valk
2) Read this http://yoast.com/articles/wordpress-seo/
3) Spend time optimizing your titles, content and internal anchor text for keywords without being spammy
4) Do some basic backlink building in local directories (client websites are good too for backlinks) and get your Google Places page in order
5) Generate good content. Generate more.
6) Profit.

I do WordPress SEO consulting but I'm not a merchant member here so I'll just throw out some tidbits if you have any questions. What you're discussing when you're asking for WordPress SEO is on-page SEO and the basics of it is easy to do yourself with WordPress and Joost's WordPress SEO plugin, especially as WordPress itself is already very very technically SEO sound code wise. If you do decide to hire a consultant, look for someone that does very good content audits/creation based on geolocal keyword research and conversion optimization -- tell your consultant to focus on generating legit sales leads, not just raw traffic increase.