• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Anywhere know where I can find this push/pull scale attachment

Kezeye

I need to find the metal tong used in this video so I can fix my laminator... The laminate usually ends up skewing very badly so I need to fix the tensions I believe...

Video:

Thank you for reading and especially for replying. Any info is appreciated...

Joe House

That's a Royal Sovereign tool. check with your local RS distributor.
or -
It's a fish scale with a L bracket on the bottom so it can be held firmly against the pull and a thin stainless strap attached to the pulling point on the hook.

Kezeye

That's a Royal Sovereign tool. check with your local RS distributor.
or -
It's a fish scale with a L bracket on the bottom so it can be held firmly against the pull and a thin stainless strap attached to the pulling point on the hook.
I’ve found the scale with the hook, just need to know what the metal tong is and where I can find it? Is that the royal sovereign tool? Thank you for replying Joe!

Joe House

I'm not exactly sure, but it's stainless steel about an inch wide, and long enough to reach through the rollers from where the hook attaches and the area where the hook attaches is reinforced. In the end, it really doesn't matter too much, you just need something with a minimal amount of grip that the rollers will pull against the gauge and then you compare from side to side the amount of pull produced by the rollers. Less pull = less pressure. Then adjust the pressure springs accordingly.

Kezeye

I'm not exactly sure, but it's stainless steel about an inch wide, and long enough to reach through the rollers from where the hook attaches and the area where the hook attaches is reinforced. In the end, it really doesn't matter too much, you just need something with a minimal amount of grip that the rollers will pull against the gauge and then you compare from side to side the amount of pull produced by the rollers. Less pull = less pressure. Then adjust the pressure springs accordingly.
Thank you again Joe! If anybody knows the exact name of the attachment PLEASE let me know!

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
We made our own out of pop up banner material. Cut 1-2" wide and 18" long. Fold one end over 3-4 times and put a grommet through it.
Works just as well as the the stainless strip. We recently calibrated out RS laminator with it.

8Ehw7vZ.jpg

Kezeye

We made our own out of pop up banner material. Cut 1-2" wide and 18" long. Fold one end over 3-4 times and put a grommet through it.
Works just as well as the the stainless strip. We recently calibrated out RS laminator with it.

8Ehw7vZ.jpg
Awesome! Thank you for the reccomendation!

Ra33it

Can you tell me the exact type of scale that is and where you purchased it? I really need to check my laminator and I am having a hard time actually finding a scale with that L bracket on it, or did you guys attach that yourself? Really don't want to have to spend a bunch of money on a tech or a tool, because I'm not even certain that the issue is pressure on my machine.

studio 440

Can you tell me the exact type of scale that is and where you purchased it? I really need to check my laminator and I am having a hard time actually finding a scale with that L bracket on it, or did you guys attach that yourself? Really don't want to have to spend a bunch of money on a tech or a tool, because I'm not even certain that the issue is pressure on my machine.
it looks just like a suitcase scale that you use to weigh your bags when you fly i have one that looks just like that

Ra33it

it looks just like a suitcase scale that you use to weigh your bags when you fly i have one that looks just like that

Yeah I was able to see that the one that Royal uses in their tutorial video was a fish scale by a company name Berkley, but I was wondering what model and if it comes with the L bracket already on it, or if that was something people added on their own. I don't want to go out and buy one thinking it will work, I'd rather get one that other people have used that is proven to work.