• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Application/Tranfer Tape for Vehicle Graphics?

MrDesignGuy

I'm getting ready to install some graphics onto a flat box truck, no rivets on the sides, a few on the back around hinges.. I have a 13' x 2' panel (see attached thumb, highlighted in green) I would like to install in one piece. I have printed on Oracal 3951RA and used 290 cast overlam. Would anyone suggest I use an application/transfer tape to install this in one piece?? I'm relatively new at this, 5 years in the business with limited install experience. Also, I will be doing this install without any help, all on my own. Any suggestions are appreciated!!!

:thankyou: , John

Sorry no attachment wont let me upload??

Last edited:

signs2trade

I'm getting ready to install some graphics onto a flat box truck, no rivets on the sides, a few on the back around hinges.. I have a 13' x 2' panel (see attached thumb, highlighted in green) I would like to install in one piece. I have printed on Oracal 3951RA and used 290 cast overlam. Would anyone suggest I use an application/transfer tape to install this in one piece?? I'm relatively new at this, 5 years in the business with limited install experience. Also, I will be doing this install without any help, all on my own. Any suggestions are appreciated!!!

:thankyou: , John

Sorry no attachment wont let me upload??
transfer tape should not be needed....

mshi

You can use a prodct like R Tapes Digimask. It is a low tack poduct designed for digital graphics, it can protect against strecthing when installing panels and protects the overlaminate and print from being scratched when using the squeegee. Most installers I know dont use it though based on added expense and a little heat can take the scratches out. It is promoted s insuranse really.

MrDesignGuy

Thanks for the info. Any suggestions on where to start on such a large panel? Best to hinge in the center and squeegee one side to the right, then to the left? Or just start on one end and squeegee to the other, hoping the panel will end up straight?