• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Applying aluminum sign to side of large garbage type truck

truckgraphics

Ahhh...this is very good to know - it's starting to sound like a variety of attachments is necessary to make this bullet proof. Interesting the welds cracked...
I think you can over-think this. The question is, do you want to make frames or want to make money? Admittedly, I haven't done a ton of stake bodies, but have done a few and never had a problem with aluminum, but discovered ACM tears and cracks. A solid piece of aluminum, some sealant (not going to argue with urethane - or VHB tape) and evenly spaced high quality screws should do the trick. Also, I size the aluminum so it fits squarely on the outermost stakes and doesn't catch the wind or hit someone in the head.

No disrespect to those who can build frames. But I don't have that skill. So if I have to put a sign on a stake body, I'm going to use the best engineered fasteners and adhesives to hang a sign, and if it cracks or gets dented - and it eventually will no matter what material you use - it will stay on the truck until I can sell my customer a new one. Nothing lasts forever. I just don't want my sign to fall off and hit someone.

Last edited: