• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Applying Application Tape

We do alot of oracal 631 vinyl and are applying their HT55 application tape. We currently are using the weber pre mask system. Stretching the tape over the decal, and then burnishing down by hand takes alot of time when you multiply it by the number of orders we do. Anyone have a good recommendation for an affordable laminator that would be good for applying the application tape? Looking to increase speed and quality by getting the tape laid down good and straight with no bubbles.

We don't have much of a need to laminate any graphics other than applying this transfer tape.

Thanks much,

Steve

d fleming

Just dropped a 55"x10' metallic wrap vinyl piece down on acp with a big squeegee. Effortless, quick and perfect.

AF

I have a big squeege - I'm looking for something that would be more automated like running a sheet right through it.

I use little squeegees, the Big Squeegee and the laminator all the time to mask. But the Big Squeegee gets used the most for convenience.

One thing I like about using the laminator is how flat and perfect the mask goes on. We use an AGL with flat rollers. It webs in seconds and doesn't roach the job. I would be shy about getting a laminator with crowned rollers and a complicated web path for masking.

edgette

Bought both of these two pieces about 12 years ago at a sign show http://weedersheeter.com and couldn't imagine working without them!

I'm going to second that. I've had my sheeter for at least 3 years and it's one of the things that saves me the most time. I cut a lot of 15" and 24" material and it has saved me countless hours of applying tape. The only thing I wish I had done was buy the larger one, it would have come in handy when I started doing more print and cut jobs on 30" material.

JERHEMI

I'm going to second that. I've had my sheeter for at least 3 years and it's one of the things that saves me the most time. I cut a lot of 15" and 24" material and it has saved me countless hours of applying tape. The only thing I wish I had done was buy the larger one, it would have come in handy when I started doing more print and cut jobs on 30" material.

I contacted the company a year or two ago and inquired about them manufacturing a larger sheeter unit like 48" or 54", but they didn't seem interested at the time. Apparently the process and materials to manufacturer longer rollers was very costly.

jfiscus

Rap Master
Really, any used laminator should do fine for masking large quantities of vinyl graphics. We use an old Titan laminator here for masking.