• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Applying vinyl to ribbed metal

KH t's n Signs

Hey everyone! I am looking for some help on applying vinyl to ribbed metal siding. Local school is wanting their new press box fully wrapped or just decaled. I was thinking of using cast vehicle wrap but honestly wasn't sure how it would perform with the ribs. Anyone ever done this or have any suggestions. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 20210802_180842.jpg
    20210802_180842.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 285

rjssigns

For a color change I'd paint it then apply their logo/mascot/slogan. Paint will last longer and be easier to apply. It will take you longer to wash/mask than to spray it with an airless rig. But that's just me...

Lettering it you will need to account for the "peaks and valleys". Masking tape works great for figuring out the total width.

ProSignTN

When applying graphics (cut or printed) you must account for the total length of the horizontal surface area, not just the length of the wall. I've attached a drawing of a common siding to help, yours appears to be different. Calculate the metal covered per one horizontal rib by running your measuring device across the surface, then count the ribs and multiply..
Metal Siding Measure.jpg