• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Aqueous print head to eco solvent print head

Ultraman

Ultraman
Hi! guys,

I took an old dx4 print head from an Aqueous Roland FJ540 printer and installed into my VP540 and keyed in the new rank# and clear the old rank# but it says wrong head installed so I put in new flex cables but still said wrong head install but it will work in service mode and not user mode, how can I get by this issue?
The magic question, can a Aqueous print head be use on a Eco-Solvent printer? Thanks

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
The manifold is going to melt when ink gets into it. You should put a solvent manifold on it before installing it. Also, the machine simply won't accept an aqueous head rank.Just use the old one. That should allow it to work.

Ultraman

Ultraman
The manifold is going to melt when ink gets into it. You should put a solvent manifold on it before installing it. Also, the machine simply won't accept an aqueous head rank.Just use the old one. That should allow it to work.

Thanks first time speaking to you master. Interesting the manifold will melt but make sense bcos its partly solvent. The reason I inter-change the print head bcos my VP540 black head its done. So the final verdict is that my VP540 print head will not except Aqueous print head...at least I have a firm reply on this instead of kept trying. Im going to dismantle the FJ540 Aqueous printer for parts then....Thanks you my best friend now. why you put your phone# 303-733-6671 free troubleshooting? can I actual phone you if I need some tips?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
why you put your phone# 303-733-6671 free troubleshooting? can I actual phone you if I need some tips?

That's what we do! We are fairly limited on Roland machines however. Myself and the other techs are all trained and certified on Mimaki and Mutoh printers but we also work on Rolands in the field but usually only the older ones.

Ultraman

Ultraman
That's what we do! We are fairly limited on Roland machines however. Myself and the other techs are all trained and certified on Mimaki and Mutoh printers but we also work on Rolands in the field but usually only the older ones.
Good to know. I know abit of Mimaki but more on Roland printers. I buy back and re-furbish Roland printers and sell but sometimes need a second opinion or stuck so its good that I know skilled friend like you. Thanks Soljet (short name to type..haha)

Ultraman

Ultraman

Master, is there a way to by pass the peak2 into service mode on VG and SG?