• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Arc for windshield graphics

Ogriv

What is the correct way to apply an arc to text in Flexi? I have tried the circle tool where text aligns itself to a circle, but that is too much of an arc. I tried the distort tool, but that also is too much of an arc. The graphic is about 40 inches wide, and the ends need to rise about a half inch. It is basically a slight smile shape. Perhaps I have the right tools and I am just doing it wrong.

Any advice?

David Snider

Ogriv said:
What is the correct way to apply an arc to text in Flexi? I have tried the circle tool where text aligns itself to a circle, but that is too much of an arc. I tried the distort tool, but that also is too much of an arc. The graphic is about 40 inches wide, and the ends need to rise about a half inch. It is basically a slight smile shape. Perhaps I have the right tools and I am just doing it wrong.

Any advice?

does the vehicle have a tint strip on it?

E

exsigns

If you are using flexi sign pro what you can do is to measure the vehicle’s window, make this size curve in flexi and then use "apply text to the curve" tool. It is right next to "apply text to a circle" and it is looks like a letter "T" with a wave curve underneath it. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

<o:p></o:p>

Tips how to make that window curve - make that size (from left to right) oval, put guideline underneath it, measure 1 or 2 inches (whatever needed) from This guideline to the edges of the oval, resize the oval if needed to meet with this small 1-2 inches measurements, then convert the oval to "curves" and then slice it there your 1-2 inches measurements touches the oval. So you will have that curve you need.<o:p></o:p>

<o:p></o:p>

Hope it helps.<o:p></o:p>

<o:p> </o:p>

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Whether you are using text on arc or distortion, you can change the variables such as circle radius, text height etc. in Design Central and see the effect on screen. You can also go back to it and change it at any time providing you do not convert to outlines, which releases all the saved parameters of the effect.

David Snider

Ogriv said:
Yes, the windshield has about 5 inches of tint decending from the top.

If it indeed has a tint strip, you may not need to curve it at all. Just put a slight downward curve or just cut it straight and curve it slightly when you install it. I've done a million of them. Every window is different and not worth figuring out the radius IMHO.