• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

arcade wrap

Dave Stacey

Hi I've got 2 arcade machines to cover with advertising the will be on for 3 weeks. It will then be removed & the games can't be damaged. I'm looking to use a wrap material & laminate as these will be at an Auto show & probably used a lot. I have some Oracal 3951. Will this be to aggressive to remove after 3 weeks? This also has to go over the chrome diamond plate back.
Any comments will be appreciated.

Thanks

Attachments

• superchexx (2).JPG
    superchexx (2).JPG
    128.9 KB · Views: 99
  • cruisin world 1_edited (3).jpg
    cruisin world 1_edited (3).jpg
    67 KB · Views: 83

ProColorGraphics

Couldn't you use like the Oracal 3621 removable? I would think the 3951 would stick to much where the 3621 would peal right off and it's a lot cheaper too.

Dave Stacey

I am most concerned of the back.It is all diamond plate like the legs.I thought I would need an EZ apply of some sort. I have no way of testing this as the machines are miles away. They are being shipped to the site and have to be done as soon as they arrive.

Dave Stacey

I'm probably putting Oracal 3951 on the back chrome, with 3651 calender for the sides. I know you should match cast laminate with cast vinyl but seeing this is short term, will I have any issues with a calender laminate (Oracal 210) on the 3951 cast?

Thanks

Mosh

I got yo pac-man, donkey kong and super chexx too, if we can't find a material, Dave will say Boo.

That was my arcade rap.

TheSnowman

3621 is GREAT for not leaving residue behind, but I only remove that from Alumalite on a regular basis. No graphics ever under it. Would it be an option to just cut some kind of PVC or something like that to cover the existing stuff, and then cover that? I know it's a ton more work, but "can't be damaged" sounds pretty serious.