• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

arched font in this sign

geb

I will be working on this sign soon, not sure about the typeface I used for the arched name Jim Stuart. Any suggestions if it fits for this sign, if not what typeface would you suggest. Should I go with the same as CONSTRUCTION? I notice I have three typefaces, not sure if that's too many or not. Thanks.

George

Attachments

• jstuart.jpg
    jstuart.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 238

shovelhead2001

Construction font looks too feminine.....

I always use a fat strong font.....
Does the customer want this to resemble a fireman emblem????

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
3 fonts is fine, but I agree with Shovelhead, Contruction might not go to well with you name typestyle. I would play with the type a little more. Maybe the name in Black/bold type maybe try all caps, the a script/brush typestyle for construction.

geb

Thanks Rick and Shovelhead 2001, here's another try with hopefully better typestyles.

Attachments

• jstuart1.jpg
    jstuart1.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 186

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
I think you need to move "JIM STUART" closer to the line of the sign shape that it follows. Having it so close to the oval, to me, means it should follow the shape of the oval. Since you have shaped the phone number to follow the sign shape, you should keep the name in its current shape and move the name up in the same fashion to be closer to its reference line.

I personally dislike the use of bold sans serif faces for primary identification and would explore other possibilities.

geb

Good point, I should try to move the name to match the phone #, didn't notice that. Will work on the text somemore, thanks.

George

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
I don't mind bold sans too much, the proportions are off here, the name should read first, then construction. Construction is overwhelming the layout a bit. I would put the phone number on a straight path, I think it competes with the name as well.