• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Are there any RIPs that can do contour cuts across multiple panels?

SCDesign

For large, contour cut logos that span 2 or more panels, I've been setting up separate cut lines and their overlaps in Illustrator. Are there any RIPs that can do this automatically? I'd like to be able to just have my logo and the one cut line, then send it to the RIP where I can set my overlap and have it automatically panel out the separate cut lines.

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Interesting, too bad I can't test right now but I'd imagine Onyx can handle this (why not caldera as well).
Not really sure what will happen to the cut line when it splits or will it create something to the edge but I'm going to test some day for sure.

Andy D

In a third party program I used to use (I think co-cut but not sure could be fine-cut or another) it had a macro that you used in Corel or Adobe, you created a box around
what you wanted to cut, clicked a button and it would create contour marks.
I was able to print 4' tall letters in a line 50' long and cut them perfectly.
I created contour marks around each letter or a couple letters, I would print the whole line at the same time normally to keep spacing together & after laminating
cut the letters by each contour marks.
This was also handy to nest a bunch of jobs together... print them all together with their own contour marks, laminate them & I could cut each job apart and cut them
as needed.