• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

ARIZONA 1380 XT COLOR PROBLEM

rom3o

Hello all,

I have a problem with canon arizona 1380 XT
My gray colors have a green tinge.
I am sending photos of the original printout that came with the machine and our new printout for comparison, printed straight from the machine on its profile.
Has anyone had such a problem?

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 296
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    751.9 KB · Views: 174
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 166
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 184
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 188

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
What does the nozzle test look like?

I think one of the heads isn't firing properly (magenta most likely). This used to happen for us sometimes when one cyan head wasn't firing. Replaced the ribbon cable and problem solved.

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
how did you print out the print?
Via your RIP PC / Onyx?
Or
via your arizona software on the arizona? (the same way you'd do your nozzle checks)

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
If you could show us your nozzle test print, it will help us help you find the issue.

We need to determine if its mechanical/hardware or software.

AlsEU

What kind of substrate you were using for test prints? Sample prints stored in the firmware looks properly on the specific Canon paper (or a few very similar papers), not on every substrate.
And another question - has anyone checked heads calibration?

rom3o

the paper is original from canon. the service technician has a problem fixing this problem. I'll tell him about the calibration.

edcooleyar

The ship print is not what you should be using to control color over time. It’s a canned print to confirm the machine is functioning properly upon install. Over time printhead wear, environmental changes and media differences color will shift.

Does the color shift happen in all print modes?

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
The ship print is not what you should be using to control color over time. It’s a canned print to confirm the machine is functioning properly upon install. Over time printhead wear, environmental changes and media differences color will shift.

Does the color shift happen in all print modes?

It's not a control print. But it's a reference print on how it should function.

Please explain when this started to happen?
If this is my problem and I am in front of the machine and I need to find the problem, the first thing I will do is to change the ink.
Apply ink with a different number and date of manufacture.

What have you changed about this machine last time?
Think in that direction, please!
It is not even necessary for something to be changed, added, etc.
It is very rare, but it happens that original ink has a problem. Then the colleague there can retire in front of your machine.

If you change a bag, it will take some time and printing. With each print you will see some difference in gray until the channel is cleared or the channel will need to be flushed.

You can also print a nozzle test and check that the print density of the heads is the same. Is there a head that prints paler or just different from the others?
To eliminate problems with RIP or profiles, use only the shipping print.

Last edited:

rom3o

I finished printing on Thursday and noticed a problem on Friday morning. I already changed the paint bags but that didn't help. the nozzle test will not send until tomorrow. the machine has two additional colors LC and LM

edcooleyar

Did the tech replace the printhead or just cut the end of the vacuum tube to stop the vacuum leak? Did it drip a lot of ink when not printing?

rom3o

the technician sealed the connection between the head and the tube with a tape. however, he had to pull the heads to do this.