• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Arizona 360GT or HP R1000 purchase

On_limit

Hi all, I need to diversify my Acrylic fabrication business and feel adding a direct to media printer would be a sensible direction to head. However I am stuck in a continuous loop of pros and cons for both of these printers. The Arizona blew me away with the quality of the prints produced at the demo but the HP offers more flexibility in application and handles bigger panels. I think the HP is capable of producing better quality acrylic prints than I saw in a very rushed unscheduled demo but the adhesion on acrylic was useless and images not as crisp. Does any one out there have experience of both and can tell me which is a machine is better for my highly varied applications.
I love the HP environmental credentials but I’m concerned if I start doing a lot of splashbacks on acrylic or backlit acrylic panels I’ll regret it. Any advice appreciated.

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
Arizona for acrylic prints. having the vacuum hold the acrylic down so it doesn't warp is key.
Also the 360GT is very old vs the HP R1000. You should be looking at the 1300GTS or XTS (if you want a larger table) configuring it with double white will speed up printing white ink

balstestrat

Problem Solver
I don't think you will go too wrong with either of them, which ever you end up with. I haven't dealt much with Arizona's so can't really give you a yes or no.

The R has plenty of vacuum so that's not an issue there. Not sure if you were thinking of having roll option on the Arizona? With the R you will be able to print short roll jobs without the roll option as well.
On the R there's some difference on which brand acrylic you use. Some have better adhesion and resistance than others. Most materials/coatings have been developed for UV use so it varies. You can also prime it or laminate afterwards if you want to for added performance.
At least these two are mentioned to have good performance:
Plaskolite Optix DA (transp)
Plaskolite LD MAX 2406 (opal)
Here's some HP stuff about acrylic:
https://hplatexknowledgecenter.com/applications/how-print-acrylic-boards-pmma/

iPrintStuff

Prints stuff
Worth noting you are comparing what could be a 10 year old Arizona to one of the newest HP models. Maybe look at a newer version?

In all honestly, we got quoted for an R1000 and you do not get a lot of bang for your buck. A lot of better, cheaper printers around. Even if you dont go canon.

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
Don't be deceived by HP's wild environmental claims against their competitors. Arizona inks are Greenguard Gold certified and can be used in daycare, K-12, and healthcare facilities.

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
Don't be deceived by HP's wild environmental claims against their competitors. Arizona inks are Greenguard Gold certified and can be used in daycare, K-12, and healthcare facilities.

HP have more consumables than Oce/Canon machines too. they all go straight to a landfill.

I'm currently looking at Vanguard flatbeds they seem like incredible machines but I have never wanted to go UV. Not sure how bad the smell is but they have really nice option features to look at such as white and varnish.

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
I'm currently looking at Vanguard flatbeds they seem like incredible machines but I have never wanted to go UV. Not sure how bad the smell is but they have really nice option features to look at such as white and varnish.

Our Arizona doesn't give off much of an odor, its also required to have some amount of air changes per hour. Most flatbeds have options of white and varnish.

parrott

I know a lot of people really like HP as they make good printers but I truly despise that company. We own 3 HP printers and all work well for what they are but if you ever have to deal with them, you will wish you had gone another route. Invest in these up and coming companies that appreciate your business. Nothing like investing half a million dollars in a company that you will get zero service out of.

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
On_limit , did you make a decision? Can you share with us the outcome and thought process?
With 1 message and not logged in since he made the post. doubt you'll get a response.

And as said earlier. the 360GT is such an old machine to compare a R1000 to.
Canon have an Arizona 135GT as their new entry printer.

MGB_LE

With 1 message and not logged in since he made the post. doubt you'll get a response.

And as said earlier. the 360GT is such an old machine to compare a R1000 to.
Canon have an Arizona 135GT as their new entry printer.
This reply helps anyway, so thanks! I'll check out the specs.