• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Arizona 365GT lamp problem

clp

I have one of the two lamps not powering up. I thought it could be the lamp so I put a new one in, No Go. did a re-boot, No Go. I swapped the two housings and the one the would not power does and the one that did will not. I seem to be having a power supply problem to one side. Is there a fuse or reset that I am missing?

ToTo

Professional Support
There is a central fuse board close to the power inlet/mainswitch behind a metal cover.
Check-out where all the blue/brown wires go to.

Technician

Drive it hard
I have one of the two lamps not powering up. I thought it could be the lamp so I put a new one in, No Go. did a re-boot, No Go. I swapped the two housings and the one the would not power does and the one that did will not. I seem to be having a power supply problem to one side. Is there a fuse or reset that I am missing?
You can also switch the cable down between the uv power. Then you will know if it is the uv power itself or cable problem.

Ludovico

Probably a power supply problem , i can send you a used one if you need

If you have changed the lamps but the problem has not moved.
1. Swap the positions of the big blue couplers on the ballasts.
If there is a change - cable.
If no change -> 2.
2. Remove the aluminum cover that covers the printer's power supply. You will see two fuse boards.
The smaller one (left) is for the lamps. Check the fuses.
Check both relays. Usually one burns out.
- the relays are machine soldered into very small holes. You will have a hard time getting them out.
Remove the board. Shoot before that. Take a utility knife and carefully cut the relay cap off the top. It has a chamfer. Cut boldly on it.
The relay contacts will be burnt. Take a multimeter and measure if when you move the relay mechanism you have a circuit underneath.
You can put the board back in place and see what happens to the relay when someone turns on the lights. The relay is standard 220V/16A.
3. If it does turn out to be ballast. It is quite expensive. It often dies if its fan is not working and it is very warm around.
Duplicate the ballast with another one before buying.