• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Arizona 460 GT Cyan delivery issue (also a question about Arizona 1380 GT)

Derik

Hello,

This is the second post I have made about a problem that I have had with the Arizona 460 at work. We are having issues with the cyan channel. The only way we can get an acceptable print with lots of cyan is to print in one direction with an end of swath delay of 5. If we print too fast, the cyan ink will be unable to supply the printhead with sufficient amounts of ink then dropouts begin. I guess my main question would be: does this sound like an issue with the ink pump or something specific to the cyan channel? We are unable to get a technician on site without purchasing a printhead so I was hoping to get some insight from someone who is more knowledgeable on this machine.

I have another general question in regards to flatbed printers. Does anyone have any information about their experience with an Arizona 1380 GT? We are looking into replacing our 460 with this printer, any and all information on it would be extremely helpful.

Thanks,

Derik

tollerdad

Sounds like it's a pump issue. Are your filters new? Open the ink window is it always trying to fill? Pumps are pretty cheap and easy to replace. I'd do a filter then pump before replacing the head. Although sometimes the head does need replacing.

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
Sounds like a pump or filter issue.
Does anything come up on the error consol?
But also, if it's the pump, if it doesn't fill the reservoir fast enough, it usually times out and it'll stop the printer.

There's a lot of info on Canons site about the 1300 series. The 1380 is LED, 8 channels (CCMMYK+WW) so faster production modes.
Newer software, better hardware on the printer.

louie

I would look into pump and ink filter first and I would run flush into to Cyan channel before replacing the head.

Troy Lesher

Merchant Member
Having to purchase a printhead to get a tech!!, well that just chaps my Chicken!!

ProColorGraphics

If you can't get a tech out to see what's wrong, I definitely would not be looking at another of the same brand!

I was looking at the 1380 as well, but ended up with the new Epson V7000. It has been awesome! I would highly recommend the Epson to anyone looking in this price range!

Derik

Sorry about the lack of correspondence, I greatly appreciate the responses from you all. Long story short-- we got a tech out to look at the machine and ended up replacing the cyan printhead. Shortly after, someone contacted me via message and said they were having a similar problem that was caused by bad ink. Has anyone ever had this problem?

Just curious because I am currently seeing a similar problem arise in the Yellow channel, just a side note: I was told that the good cartridges of ink are marked beyond Feb 2021.

Andy Mars

Sorry about the lack of correspondence, I greatly appreciate the responses from you all. Long story short-- we got a tech out to look at the machine and ended up replacing the cyan printhead. Shortly after, someone contacted me via message and said they were having a similar problem that was caused by bad ink. Has anyone ever had this problem?

Just curious because I am currently seeing a similar problem arise in the Yellow channel, just a side note: I was told that the good cartridges of ink are marked beyond Feb 2021.
I currently am using the 1380gt and we have a love hate relationship. Im having issues with cyan as well but I think it is the reservoir switch. Yellow ink on the other had has major color shift when used. I have also had bad inks but mostly with light magenta and light cyan. Canon sucks at getting service technicians to you quickly.

Most likely we'll be buying an Epson next time