• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Arizona 4xx service manual

NorthControl

Hi folks,

Im searching for Oce Arizona 480 XT service manual. I would like to disassemble - move - assemble the machine. Maybe somebody could help me?

I have the service manual for 350 and 550, but 480 is a bit different, I think...
I think the install process would be different...

So, If you have, please help... :)

Thank you so mutch,
Greg

AlsEU

XT version is much more complicated than small versions (like 350 or 550), so if you want to move it, you will need:
- some support parts to remove a gantry from the table and build a "tower" with an e-box
- if you want to move the machine onto a long distance, crates would be good to have (because you can't raise the tables with the forklift directly, as you may bend the table and ruin its geometry)
- someone, who knows this machine and all the procedures

Believe me, XT machine is not as simply as 350/550 - mounting the tables together and leveling could be the pain in the ass. Think about the service team...

NorthControl

XT version is much more complicated than small versions (like 350 or 550), so if you want to move it, you will need:
- some support parts to remove a gantry from the table and build a "tower" with an e-box
- if you want to move the machine onto a long distance, crates would be good to have (because you can't raise the tables with the forklift directly, as you may bend the table and ruin its geometry)
- someone, who knows this machine and all the procedures

Believe me, XT machine is not as simply as 350/550 - mounting the tables together and leveling could be the pain in the ***. Think about the service team...

Thank you AlsEu, I need to say, you are right, absolutely!

I forget to write before that, when I bougth my two 350XTs, (at 2015) We did the deinstalling-shipping-installing processes personally with my friend. That time we havent any service technician to do the job. It would have been horrible cost for me (around 6-7000 EUR only for the deinstall-install), and need very long time.... So, I bougth a service SDS chip, and a service manual for 350XT series. (include 550).

Since, we havent got the original crates, we bring the woods and make the wood structures on the location, by our hands... That was a great job.

Here I attach some photos about this job for you.

(( Now, we are working perfectly with these machines. Also, I have some moddings on my 350XTs as LED curring, perfect white printing without problems, etc... ))

So, The service manuals step-by-step guide is a good linea, I think. There I searching for these for 480XT. :)

Attachments

• 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    190.9 KB · Views: 563
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    222.6 KB · Views: 592
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    201.7 KB · Views: 583
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    205.4 KB · Views: 548
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    340.3 KB · Views: 618

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
Great work on the packing job.

Curious as to how you converted the 350 to LED cure. Are you still using Océ inks or did you have to move to a UV ink more receptive to LED curing bandwidth?

AlsEU

Having a SDS key is at least 50% of the success. Greg, how you did the calibrations? For all Arizonas special software is required. Older machines (like 350 for example) can print without software calibrations, it's just a matter of precision of the mechanical calibrations. With 4XX versions situation is slightly different - more calibrations is being done via software, so it's not so easy. These machines have different heads (CE2 similar to these from 550, but not the same), calibration steps are also different.

NorthControl

Great work on the packing job.

Curious as to how you converted the 350 to LED cure. Are you still using Océ inks or did you have to move to a UV ink more receptive to LED curing bandwidth?
Thank you, it was a funy packing job. Later, the installation and refurbish was the other nice job... ;)

I completly remowed the original lamp system, and developed a brand-new led lamp system with water cooling. I must say, this is far-far better than the original.
If you like more informations, I can open a new thread for it.

Now we are using Marabu DLE-A ink. It is more better than original, and half priced.

NorthControl

Having a SDS key is at least 50% of the success. Greg, how you did the calibrations? For all Arizonas special software is required. Older machines (like 350 for example) can print without software calibrations, it's just a matter of precision of the mechanical calibrations. With 4XX versions situation is slightly different - more calibrations is being done via software, so it's not so easy. These machines have different heads (CE2 similar to these from 550, but not the same), calibration steps are also different.

Do you mean, the head timing calibration? I have the align software for the 350 machines. Unfortunately, I have the Windows XP version, what only run from an XP OS machine, only. I tried to run it from a legal Win10 in different compatibility modes, but nothing success. I used epson V550 scanner, than photoshop, and the software tool. I did less than 10microns, both of uni-, bi-directrion modes.. Of course, all of printheads are so clean.

Yes, unfortuantely I'm new in the 4xx family. Therefore I searching for these documents and software tools. I don't want it for free! I can pay for these, of course!

Dug

Hi folks,

Im searching for Oce Arizona 480 XT service manual. I would like to disassemble - move - assemble the machine. Maybe somebody could help me?

I have the service manual for 350 and 550, but 480 is a bit different, I think...

Thank you so mutch,
Greg

Can you tell me where you found the 350 manual? I'm having an issue with ours and the service manual would help out tremendously.
Thanks

NorthControl

Can you tell me where you found the 350 manual? I'm having an issue with ours and the service manual would help out tremendously.
Thanks
Unfortunatelly, I didnt found it, therefore I needed to buy from a guy... :(

What is your issue? Maybe I can help...

Dug

Unfortunatelly, I didnt found it, therefore I needed to buy from a guy... :(

What is your issue? Maybe I can help...

We had replaced the left lamp housing. That went fine, then on the first print, the head impacted the board we were printing. It didn't displace the carriage guard, so the safety wasn't triggered. After that, the carriage goes to it's "safety position" all the way up. When I restart the printer, the carriage moves down about 1", then returns to the "safety position" and won't reset out of the error again. I tried replacing the firewire cable from the carriage to the breakout board. That didn't work, so I replaced the z-axis motors. That didn't work, so I replaced the optical sensors on the carriage. That didn't work, then I noticed that the gantry isn't moving back to home either. I'm going to try the comm cable from the gantry board to the breakout board. If that doesn't work, next will be checking the brushes on the gantry motor and then replacing the gantry board. I was just hoping to have a service manual to make changing some of these parts out easier, rather than trial and error.

NorthControl

We had replaced the left lamp housing. That went fine, then on the first print, the head impacted the board we were printing. It didn't displace the carriage guard, so the safety wasn't triggered. After that, the carriage goes to it's "safety position" all the way up. When I restart the printer, the carriage moves down about 1", then returns to the "safety position" and won't reset out of the error again. I tried replacing the firewire cable from the carriage to the breakout board. That didn't work, so I replaced the z-axis motors. That didn't work, so I replaced the optical sensors on the carriage. That didn't work, then I noticed that the gantry isn't moving back to home either. I'm going to try the comm cable from the gantry board to the breakout board. If that doesn't work, next will be checking the brushes on the gantry motor and then replacing the gantry board. I was just hoping to have a service manual to make changing some of these parts out easier, rather than trial and error.

If you send your email in private, I can send you the original 350 service manual. Have you got SDS key? It would be good...

1. When you replaced the Z axis motors, also replaced the "white plastic" nuts also? These parts should be damaged instead of the carriage, if hard collision accured...
2. When the Z axis moves down (or up) are they moving parrallel?
3. Are there any unusual sounds, when they moves?
4. If you power-off the machine, you could move the Z-axis shafts very easy if the are in good position. If one of the saft are moving not easy, there are any unparralel...
5. Is the lamp-housing in the right height now? You could check the height of the other lamp, if it is still stays the original position...

Greg

Last edited:

Dug

If you send your email in private, I can send you the original 350 service manual. Have you got SDS key? It would be good...

1. When you replaced the Z axis motors, also replaced the "white plastic" nuts also? These parts should be damaged instead of the carriage, if hard collision accured...
No, they weren't replaced, they weren't supplied with the new motors we ordered.
2. When the Z axis moves down (or up) are they moving parrallel?
Yes, they are moving in parrallel.
3. Are there any unusual sounds, when they moves?
4. If you power-off the machine, you could move the Z-axis shafts very easy if the are in good position. If one of the saft are moving not easy, there are any unparralel...
5. Is the lamp-housing in the right height now? You could check the height of the other lamp, if it is still stays the original position...

Greg

There were no unusual sounds. In the past, the carriage would get out of parrallel and I'd adjust the motors until they were easy moving and i used a micrometer to make sure it was true on both sides. The lamp-housing was at the same height at the other side. The new motors are much quieter than the old ones.

After speaking with an Oce tech, he thinks the carriage is ok and that the gantry is the problem(since it won't move anywhere on it's own right now. He thinks with the Gantry not moving, it's sending the error signal to the interlock and sending the carriage back to it's safety position. He suggested the gantry board is the problem. I've got an email into Canon to see about replacement cost for that part.

Thanks for your help!!!

NorthControl

No, they weren't replaced, they weren't supplied with the new motors we ordered.

Yes, they are moving in parrallel.

There were no unusual sounds. In the past, the carriage would get out of parrallel and I'd adjust the motors until they were easy moving and i used a micrometer to make sure it was true on both sides. The lamp-housing was at the same height at the other side. The new motors are much quieter than the old ones.

After speaking with an Oce tech, he thinks the carriage is ok and that the gantry is the problem(since it won't move anywhere on it's own right now. He thinks with the Gantry not moving, it's sending the error signal to the interlock and sending the carriage back to it's safety position. He suggested the gantry board is the problem. I've got an email into Canon to see about replacement cost for that part.

Thanks for your help!!!

I belive you should get the white plastic nuts with the Z axis motors! If you ordered this from digiprint-supplies or directly from canon, you should get it! Here is the link, you can check this:

https://www.digiprint-supplies.com/...er-linear-size17-3w3010106557.html?category=2

I think, if the collision cause the whole problem, the very first thing would be check or replace these parts. I think the Z move generate error, since the carriage only move 1", you wrote..

The best would be, if you could determine the error source in the LOG files. If you need help, I can help, but you should send me the LOG files. You can do it when you open the "Tools and utilities" tab, and press "system Logs" button. After this, browse you local network and find the Arizona...

rx7boy

Hello I would like to buy the service manual for the Arizona 350 or Fuji Acuity Advance. We just acquired a used 350. Please could you tell me where or who I could buy this from?

Thank you

Hello I would like to buy the service manual for the Arizona 350 or Fuji Acuity Advance. We just acquired a used 350. Please could you tell me where or who I could buy this from?

Thank you

Hi. Did you find this service manual? i'm looking it too. Please let me know. Thanks.

glue_ru

Technician

Thank you
very hard to come by as they did not print a service manual, PC based, and now with Robin, you have to be licensed and trained on the unit family.

glue_ru

Technician
Noticed on ebay that a Arizona 250GT was scrapped, in working condition, and all the parts are for sale.

Hi folks,

Thank you so mutch,
Greg
hi I just got a 250 Gt would you be willing to sell me the service manual. Fuji says they dont want to get involved in the older machines. Let me know the cost and I can cashapp or venmo
thanks