• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Arizona printhead bad??

Bret R

Can’t get this head to print clean we got it almost printing full nozzle check then after ten mins it would go back to half the head printing tech says it’s a damaged
upload_2020-2-13_18-28-36.jpeg

Ronc

Can’t get this head to print clean we got it almost printing full nozzle check then after ten mins it would go back to half the head printing tech says it’s a damaged View attachment 145504

If you have a good head test and it is the only head to go bad, there is a good chance it is the last chance filter screen right at the ink inlet. If you want to call me I will discuss it with you
Ron Cherkas. 515-707-8344

CMYKENGINEERING

Merchant Member
Can’t get this head to print clean we got it almost printing full nozzle check then after ten mins it would go back to half the head printing tech says it’s a damaged View attachment 145504
I do not think the head damaged. The technician's conclusion is premature.

The first thing you should do is bleed the filter. You should be sure there is no air in the ink feeding line.

Second, you should clean the head nozzle surface with the flush. Use a swab or lint-free napkin. USE NO ALCOHOL EVER. Then perform standard cleaning with the vacuum cleaner. In case of no progress, perform the short flush procedure from the Oce PC menu.

Only then we could make the conclusion. But everything should be fine.

K.

AlsEU

If you have the degas modules installed in your printer, check all connections and the modules itself - there may be a leak somewhere or the module is damaged internally and air may not be removed from the ink.

Bret R

Yeah we replaced the head after trying gushing purging soaking head bleeding filter something happened to the head no one seen it hit anything (headstrike) it is not controlled temp or humidity I am telling my operations managers we need to get it controlled or we will keep having problems does anybody in here have a different opinion????

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member

Bly

We've also been using 99% iso on heads for years with no ill effects.
Just goes to show you can't believe every piece of advice you read on the internet.

Bret R

What about the question of having the printer in a controlled environment like temperature humidity and just dirt and lint???? it’s in the corner of our warehouse like building with an outside bay door next to it and screen printing 30 yds away???? Among other work.

Bly

We don't have climate or dust control and no major problems.
Just need to swab a bit more often.

Nate1n22

Have ran Acuity's for 8 years and have found it's not uncommon for heads to do this randomly. It's really frustrating especially at $5,000 a head

COMTE

Always looking for new knowledge to share it.
I do not think the head damaged. The technician's conclusion is premature.

The first thing you should do is bleed the filter. You should be sure there is no air in the ink feeding line.

Second, you should clean the head nozzle surface with the flush. Use a swab or lint-free napkin. USE NO ALCOHOL EVER. Then perform standard cleaning with the vacuum cleaner. In case of no progress, perform the short flush procedure from the Oce PC menu.

Only then we could make the conclusion. But everything should be fine.

K.
Can’t get this head to print clean we got it almost printing full nozzle check then after ten mins it would go back to half the head printing tech says it’s a damaged

Check ink filter and ink vacuum filter, it should not be polluted with ink.
Purge + Cleaning several times and print a cyan solid then purge again and make a printer head nozzles test